How to buy on eBay for free and not get penalised !!!

I have been an eBay member since 2004 with 145 x 100% positive feedback, mostly as a seller.  I am honest and proud of my dealings with others.   Here is what recently happened to me:

I, the seller lists an item for sale in Australia.  (321128167196)   The successful bidder, the buyer living in USA, also has a 100% positive feedback but only as a buyer.

The seller sends the buyer an invoice and the buyer asks for time to pay which is agreed.

The buyer pays for the item via Paypal including standard international postage where proof of item sent is not available. Registered mail was not chosen by the buyer.

The seller posts the item to the buyer.

After several days the buyer lodged an “item not received” complaint with eBay and falsely claims that this is the third transaction the buyer has had with the seller where the item has not been delivered.

The seller emails the buyer asking for his details of prior transactions as there hasn’t been any.

The buyer does not respond.

The seller makes many more email approaches to the buyer, both via eBay and also the private email address listed, requesting contact all of to which the buyer does not respond.

The seller has had long dealings with eBay both as buyer and seller with 100% positive feedback and is uncomfortable with a potential tarnished record so the seller escalates the claim to eBay Support for determination.

Ebay Support does not consult with the seller and obviously not with the buyer because of the time involved.

Paypal then reimburses the buyer and debits the seller’s Paypal Account.

The seller contacts Paypal who redirects him to eBay.

The seller sends several emails to the buyer without a response.

The buyer can give the seller negative feedback but the seller cannot do the same to the buyer.

It is obvious that the buyer is protected against fraud but the seller isn’t.

Ebay permits a fraudulent buyer to pay, then falsely claim non-receipt of the goods, get a Paypal refund and the seller cannot do anything about it.   What a farce!!!

Obviously eBay wont allow this to last long on this site. I suggest instead of pulling it down, eBay fix the problem!!!

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: How to buy on eBay for free and not get penalised !!!

Robyn the only one to blame here is you.   Why on earth did you post by surface mail when you knew it would take far longer than allowed by paypal in which to open a dispute?   Paypal does not cover items sent by surface mail purely because of the timeframe.

BTW it will probably take a lot longer than 12 weeks....mail to/from Canada by sea can be 4-6 months.

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

IMO sea mail should be removed as an option

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Robyn the only one to blame here is you.   Why on earth did you post by surface mail when you knew it would take far longer than allowed by paypal in which to open a dispute?   Paypal does not cover items sent by surface mail purely because of the timeframe.

BTW it will probably take a lot longer than 12 weeks....mail to/from Canada by sea can be 4-6 months.

and yet we can put a man on the moon in about 4 days.....

I put something on a ship back on April 10, 1912...... It still hasn't arrived......

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

my*mum wrote:

and yet we can put a man on the moon in about 4 days.....

Yes but it costs billions of dollars. I have trouble with what AP charges. I would never afford NASA charges.

"Padches? We ain't got no padches. We don't need no padches. I don't have to show you any stinking padches".
Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

Ships do not sail regularly.   If a shipment of mail is loaded onto a ship it may sit there in port for weeks before the ship is full and it sails.

By the same token, items loaded at the last minute can arrive very promptly.  It is not the actual sailing time that is the problem, it is the loading time.

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply