How to change my postage address when i have already placed a order?

shpylam
Community Member

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When you pay using PayPal, change the delivery address during checkout.

Also message the seller to let them know of the new address.

If you have already paid, contact the seller to see what they can do.

They may refund your PayPal payment and ask you to repay with the new address.

Reason being, a seller needs to send to the address specified in PayPal to be covered by PayPal protection.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

When you pay using PayPal, change the delivery address during checkout.

Also message the seller to let them know of the new address.

If you have already paid, contact the seller to see what they can do.

They may refund your PayPal payment and ask you to repay with the new address.

Reason being, a seller needs to send to the address specified in PayPal to be covered by PayPal protection.

image host
Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

So u mean that after i paid for the order when i changed the address the seller can also notice that

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Yes, but best to message the seller and give them the new address also because sometimes they look at the address from ebay and not from PayPal checkout.

Best to be sure and message them also.

image host
Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

thanks bro, im waiting for the seller's rely

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

You opened your account today & added all your information so i don't know how you managed to get that wrong.

The seller only gets seller protection by posting the item to the PayPal registered address.If you change it after then,the seller will have to cancel the transaction & these days that may result in a defect for the seller.

If in future you want an item posted to a different address ie a gift for a relative at a different location etc,then change your address details BEFORE  you buy something.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

The seller only gets seller protection by posting the item to the PayPal registered address

It has nothing to do with any Paypal registered address, no seller ever sees any details of addresses stored in Paypal unless it is the same as in checkout and you certainly don't have to change the address before you buy. All that need to be done is change the delivery address in checkout before proceeding to the payment page.

If you want to change the address after making payment you should ask the seller if they are willing to refund your payment and you will pay again giving the correct address but it may be too late if the seller prints and pays for the postage label as soon as you have paid.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

If you want to change the address after making payment you should ask the seller if they are willing to refund your payment and you will pay again giving the correct address but it may be too late if the seller prints and pays for the postage label as soon as you have paid.

I don't know if sellers will be too keen to do this any more - my two defects are for that very reason - I refunded 2 buyers payment so they could change their delivery address - because at the time I thought that's what you did -  and copped two defects for cancelled transactions.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

I was told from CS that if seller refunds the payment in full then another payment is made for that same item then no defect is recorded.
Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

hah! to CS

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply