How to get rid of international GSP charge?

Hi all,

Am looking at buying 2 items from the UK. I noticed the exorbitant shipping ($80 for two coins the size of a 1c piece each) and since I have a contact in the UK and will be travelling to the UK later in the year I emailed the seller and asked what the cost for postage within the UK would be. A much more reasonable $7. I also asked for a discount for purchasing 2 coins which he accepted and said just put an offer in for each of the 2 coins and he'll adjust the postage. Problem is, I know from experience that when GSP is offered and a a buyer purchaes, the seller cannot change the postage cost. The full amount has to be paid then cancelled by the seller etc. A real pain if the rear.  I have changed my primary address to a UK address. I've even switched on the VPN for the UK and signed into Ebay.co.uk yet ebay keeps showing GSP as the shipping method. I've tried deleting the items from my watch list and finding the listing again but to no avail. How do I get rid of the stupid GSP option and show a UK postage option?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: How to get rid of international GSP charge?

can't you get your contact to buy them?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I recently asked a UK seller if they would be willing to make Royal Mail available as a shipping method for a double CD set that I wanted. (The seller only had the GSP available.)

Can you make a similar request?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Have you considered that, given your account is registered in Australia, despite your attempted subterfuge eBay consider you to be in Australia?

Buy as a UK registered guest.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I have purchased from UK sellers in the past and had the item shipped to my son who lives in the UK.  I have his address as an alternative eBay address and, once I selected that address on the  payment page, the postage defaulted to the correct local amount.  I will pick up the items when I am next visiting him.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

ambercat - Am not sure that works when making an offer. I just tried and when the review offer page came up it was still showing GSP postage rates despite having a UK address as my primary address.

davewil1964 - People do buy items as gifts and have them sent direct to the recipient so it is not really 'subterfuge' in trying to get an item sent to another country. Registering with a new name in the UK may be an option.

Countessalmerina - yes, that may be the only way. With royal mail the seller can change the postage after the sale, not GSP.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Can you ask the seller to create a listing just for you that only has Royal Mail as the postage option?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@ekrabappel wrote:

ambercat - Am not sure that works when making an offer. I just tried and when the review offer page came up it was still showing GSP postage rates despite having a UK address as my primary address.

I'll lay London to a brick on that when you pay at checkout the GSP postage will disappear when you pay at checkout providing you have your UK address selected as your ship to address... as ambercat has said.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply