How to handle a not as described item

Hi guys 🙂

I recently bought an item of clothing. It arrived and I'm pretty sure it was unwashed given the dirt marks and faint yellow staining.

I would like to return it. I'm planning on contacting the seller but I was just wondering what to do after I get a reply from the seller?

I don't want to give any unwarranted defects if this was somehow a genuine mistake but I think I have to open a Money Back Guarantee case so my return shipping costs are covered right? And so the return can be monitored by Ebay? 

Sorry, I'm not really sure how it works now since they introduced the MBG.

Thank you in advance 🙂 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: How to handle a not as described item

@spacetomatoes wrote:

Hi there, thanks for your reply.

And I have contacted the seller so I will wait to see what they say.

+1 excellent attitude, you are a great buyer. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: How to handle a not as described item

All items of second hand clothing must be cleaned or laundered according to the manufacturer's instructions before they are listed so there should be no stains etc unless they are ones that won't wash out and if that is the case the marks/stains etc should be described.

Any half decent seller would ask for a photo and once they confirmed the article is not as described they should give you a refund without a return unless they think they can  clean it up and sell it again at more than the cost of returning, I haven't had to do so but if I did I would create and pay for a click and send label and email it to the buyer.

If the seller has sent you stained clothing and doesn't volunteer a no cost to you refund then you should open a dispute and the seller should get a defect, every seller who does things wrong makes it harder for the rest of us to sell second hand items.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 12 of 12
Latest reply