How to initiate a return beyond 'recent purchases'

In October 2021 I bought a VIN stamp set. The other day I had a VIN with the number '3' in it, and this is when I realised the set I bought from Torque Tools has no 3, but instead two '4's - see picture attached. Unfortunately, this is one of those sellers who disallows contact, and Ebay of course makes every effort to be uncontactable. Anyone got any good ideas how to resolve? 278445487_299269062368519_7578471776157162660_n.jpg

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You're certainly out of time for eBay's  MBG, so your only options are Paypal (if you paid that way) who will cover you up to 180 days after the purchase date, or a credit card charge-back (if you paid that way) though most banks have a limit of 6 months or less.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

It's too late for a return under eBay's Money Back Guarantee. (You have 30 days from the latest ETA or from the actual delivery date.)

Depending upon the exact transaction date (not the delivery date), you may still be in time to open a case in PayPal under their Buyer Protection. You have 180 days to the second from the date of the transaction (when you paid). So... the question is... when exactly in October, and if you go to your PayPal account, are you actually able to open a refund case on the basis of INR? We are probably talking a matter of days, hours, minutes, even seconds.

Check ASAP.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

What is the exact size of the numbers ?  I have a spare No 3.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

To avoid a similar situation next time:

First: After receiving the package, you should check it carefully. Once you find any problems, contact the seller in time.

Second: try your luck by logging into your PayPal.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

The seller you are referring to, is still an active seller and very much contactable (IF YOU USE THE CORRECT USER NAME).  While they have no obligations to you via ebay,  If you were to contact them and politely explain the situation, who knows they might be able to help out or offer a discount on a replacement.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

It's too late for a return under eBay's Money Back Guarantee. (You have 30 days from the latest ETA or from the actual delivery date.)

Depending upon the exact transaction date (not the delivery date), you may still be in time to open a case in PayPal under their Buyer Protection. You have 180 days to the second from the date of the transaction (when you paid). So... the question is... when exactly in October, and if you go to your PayPal account, are you actually able to open a refund case on the basis of INR? We are probably talking a matter of days, hours, minutes, even seconds.

Check ASAP.

Definitely NOT an INR Countess, as the OP did receive their order, probably with tracking. It would be  NAD case. If they try to open an INR, it would be closed immediately if there was tracking showing as delivered.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, it would be an INAD case, but the problem is that the OP waiting so long and should indeed have checked immediately because now the seller could even say that the OP has just lost #3 for example.

To the OP: The original listing won't be active any more (listings disappear 90 days after a transaction is completed), but if you look at your mailbox you should be able to find an order confirmation that includes a photo (unfortunately usually quite small). If you are able to magnify this photo decently and see if #3 was missing from the original listing, you should be able to win a case.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Youโ€™re right; I misposted! I should have said INAD. 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Hi  PM,  the seller is still active,  high volume seller  FB 20000 +, still very much contactable and still has these sets available in various sizes, pictures will be generic.

Will send the correct seller ID  to the OP

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply