How to respond to seller's feedback

I gave a seller a neutral because of a SNAD case, which ebay found in my favour. 

The seller  made a feedback response, which I want to respond to but don't how to do it?

Any help please?

(It was a boxed set of DVDs which when opened only contained 4 discs instead of the 11 as it was a Media kit, and in the accompanying letter it stated this clearly and  I   sent to ebay.  )   

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Lol bright.   Obviously it was your fault their daughter just had a baby!

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/feedback/respond.html

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Not sure what their daughter having a baby has got to do with it!  Maybe reply with "congratulations"?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I would say leave it as is and don't engage further. If you have responded truthfully in your original feedback, other potential buyers will look at the comment "my daughter's just had a baby !!!" and draw their own conclusions.
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

If there was enough room I'd ask them if it's a boy or girl, how much does it weigh, who does it look li,what colour do I i knit the

booties ........

Baby Emoticons

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I see you couldn't help yourself and had to reply. You should have listened to Cathy and ignored it.

That comment can now be removed by ebay if the seller complains because you have mentioned about the refund by authorities. you are not allowed to do that.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Even if they remove the last comment, if they leave in the original feedback plus the seller's response, it definitely reads to me that the seller is admitting an error.

The 'my daughter just had a baby' comment is the seller's way of saying hey, I was busy/had my mind on other things when I made the transaction so give me a break.

But really, only 4 out of a set of 11 included? Becoming a grandparent doesn't make you that forgetful.Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

And you couldn't help yourself ticking me off because I made my own decision.    

Tks to all those who gave me the links and answered my original question.  .

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Not ticking you off, just that many of us see the reply to the seller's reply as diluting the idiocy of the seller's comment. It would probably do them as much if not more harm than leaving them a neut and now it doesn't stand out as much.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@bright.ton42 wrote:

And you couldn't help yourself ticking me off because I made my own decision.    

Tks to all those who gave me the links and answered my original question.  .

So why did you bother asking the question, as you obviously weren't going to follow any 'advice' that didn't confom to your paradigm?

Sorry about 'paradigm', but the catty one gets upset if I don't use it regularly, instead of 'personal prejudice; world view'. It is apt, though.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply