How to stop an item I don't want from being prompted ?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Prompted how?

Have you bought and not paid for it?

Added it to your cart?

Or simply getting messages from eBay about it?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you are getting reminders about items that you have searched for in the past, it is almost impossible to stop them even if you have cancelled the search.

When I started on ebay I was looking for clothes and toys for little girls....my granddaughters.   Just recently I had a reminder about some toys.....guess they thought my granddaughter might like some for her 21st birthday this month.Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I included a screen shot of the prompt in my second posting, but I will do it here again too.

I may have said 'buy it' - that would explain the harrassment I'm getting - I don't remember. I think I found a more suitable item so did not proceed with buying tthe one being prompted. I dont add items to a cart - I simply buy them. It's all very automated and quick. In any case - whatever the history - I do not want it and do not want it to keep being prompted.

I no longer have the original screen shot - and I do not want to trigger one by pretending to buy something.

But it should show in

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-stop-unwanted-prompting-about-buying-an-article/m-p/2380962#M5913

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Easy. Wait until the seller opens and closes an unpaid item case and the prompts should stop.

Committing to buy an item is not a joke. If you hit 'buy' the seller has every right to expect payment. Or at least the courtesy of an explanation.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Ok, so you are a fake buyer wasting sellers time and money and you are irritated because you are being reminded you need to pay for what you buy?

Is that about the size of?

You buy, you pay. Simple

Pay the seller the money you owe them and sell it yourself when it arrives 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@joseph5686 wrote:

"I may have said 'buy it' - that would explain the harrassment I'm getting - I don't remember. I think I found a more suitable item so did not proceed with buying tthe one being prompted. I dont add items to a cart - I simply buy them. ..."

This is exactly why it is best to use the cart. If you are shopping around for the best choice and would rather not use the watch list option (once all possible items are in watchlist you can then compare them there), then by adding several items to your cart, you can go to the cart and remove any you don't want. This way you won't disappoint a seller and you won't be annoyed by reminders to follow up on your commitment.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply