I bought a battery with 5 years warrenty, and it died now. But the seller doesn't reply me.

I bought a battery with 5 years warrenty, and it died now. But the seller doesn't reply me.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Sadly, sellers who are not authorized resellers of a product most of the time won't reply if there is a problem because their warranties are not legally binding, but basically just promises (and like all promises they can be kept to not).

If you want to be sure that a product has a valid warranty, you have to buy from an authorized reseller.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

What sort of battery, where from (China?) and how long ago?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

A real warranty from an authorised seller in Australia

Or just the word warranty on the ad?

There is a very big difference 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Warranties are not worth much on Ebay, no matter what the description said. Even if a description says that they are an "authorised" retailer, it doesn't mean anything as any seller can write what they want.

Sellers only have an obligation for 30 days after you have received an item. After that, you're on your own.

Seller therefore has no requirement to even respond to you and Ebay cannot force them to do anything.

With sellers who are located overseas, you have even less chance as the item is possibly counterfeit anyway.

To see if a seller is overseas, look at their feedback profile page and it will tell you where they are registered/based (do not go by the item location on the listing).

If you want a warranty, go into the shops, or buy online direct from a big box retailer.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply