eBay Supports Chinese Economy

I'm not sure how other buyers feel but I'm tired of dealing with lying merchants that are either located in China or source their stock from there. Despite saying they're in Australia, it is obvious from the shipping time frame and delays in tracking events that stuff is coming from China.

A couple of sellers have started using chat bot reply systems for questions. When you ask where your order is coming from they never tell you.

Despite numerous complaints to eBay about this issue, they do nothing. It's all about profit for them. 

It is correct that the poor quality of products as well. 

If you don't care about supporting the Chinese economy and being treated like an idiot then order from these sellers. I'm supporting the Australian economy. I'll pay more to make sure if necessary.

I now contact the seller before I order to check. They may well lie, but it's due diligence. 

I've cancelled orders when I find out they're waiting for stock obviously from China.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Please read what other posters are trying to tell you.

Click on their feedback number and it will tell you where a seller is registered.

Not where an item is located

They can't lie about that - it's ebay records

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

As for due diligence, do you check where seller is registered prior to purchase.  If they are registered o/seas it is pretty certain that is where item will be coming from.  Prior feedback is always a good way to ascertain the reliability of a seller.  Looking at your feedback left for sellers you do seem to have a few problems.  Maybe you need to do more due diligence.  Just MHO

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for your advice but I do check their account location. But they lie. They just put Australia or some random suburb.

Obviously my issues with these sellers has sparked my post.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for your advice. But how would I know these sellers are using a fake location in the item shipping location or their account if I didn't check first.

It's after I've checked , think they're in Australia, place the order, to then find later that they're not!

These people are leaches. Why lie about your location unless you want Australian buyers to think they're local?

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Check where their account is registered (not item location) , otherwise just keep supporting chinese sellers

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Super easiest thing in the world to do

You look at where they are registered

Actually registered . Not where the ad says the item is

One of the sellers you left a neg for, one of the first things it says is registered in China

That is right, they can say the item is anywhere they want

Where their account is registered is far more important 

Look at feedback, read comments from buyers

If the estimated delivery date screams it is coming from overseas/ being dropshipped then yep, more than likely is

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@antog2057, 

I think you may be confusing the “Item location” field on a listing with the country of registration. The seller cannot edit their country of registration.

To check the country in which the seller is registered, click onto the seller’s feedback percentage. This takes you to the seller’s feedback profile page. You will see where the seller is registered.

As a general rule, if the seller’s country of registration is China, but they have entered “Item location” as Australia or Melbourne or Sydney or NSW or Dandenong or what-have-you, the item might be in Australia (in a warehouse, having been sent there via pallet from China) but there’s a strong chance it is in China. Search “Just in time fulfilment” on these boards for clarification; I’ve posted about this several times.

If you want to support the local economy, buying from sellers registered in Australia will be a good start.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

You have to look at the feedback page to see where a seller is registered.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Sorry just read some of the FB you have left,  and have subsequently added you to the party list.

dont intend wasting anymore of my time with you.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

For heaven's sake how dumb do you think I am. Of course I check the account location. It's aftewards I find they've lied about it.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply