eBay Supports Chinese Economy

I'm not sure how other buyers feel but I'm tired of dealing with lying merchants that are either located in China or source their stock from there. Despite saying they're in Australia, it is obvious from the shipping time frame and delays in tracking events that stuff is coming from China.

A couple of sellers have started using chat bot reply systems for questions. When you ask where your order is coming from they never tell you.

Despite numerous complaints to eBay about this issue, they do nothing. It's all about profit for them. 

It is correct that the poor quality of products as well. 

If you don't care about supporting the Chinese economy and being treated like an idiot then order from these sellers. I'm supporting the Australian economy. I'll pay more to make sure if necessary.

I now contact the seller before I order to check. They may well lie, but it's due diligence. 

I've cancelled orders when I find out they're waiting for stock obviously from China.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: eBay Supports Chinese Economy

You're another person who doesn't assume I haven't checked their account location as well.

I'm not that naive to think that the item location is the same as the account. 

The fact is these vermin lie about the item and their account location to make us think to they're locals.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

That's not the point. It's that eBay let's these leaches lie about their location in the first place.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Please read what other posters are trying to tell you.

Click on their feedback number and it will tell you where a seller is registered.

Not where an item is located

They can't lie about that - it's ebay records

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

I see that you’ve purchased from 3 or 4 sellers registered in Hong Kong.

The other sellers are registered in Australia.

What some of those sellers seem to be doing is drop-shopping, and that’s what you’d need to be able to identify before purchasing.

However, your abusive and offensive comments make me disinclined to give you any hints about how to tell when a seller is drop-shipping from China. Even though I don’t buy from Chinese sellers on eBay myself, calling such people “vermin” or “leaches” (sic) is disgraceful. Had you just called them “deceptive” or something along those lines, no one would have an issue… 

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply