I bought a pre-order item and want a refund. How?

jediya
Community Member

Hello, I bought a pre-order item with the bio saying "An estimated shipping date of early to late April and you accept when your purchase; waiting until I receive item."

But Delivery info says it will be Arriving by Tuesday, 22nd June.

Does the seller have the right to make these sorts of rules on a pre-order of an item they don't currently have? Because they didn't respond to my message asking them if it's a legit order.

Is there any way I can get a refund? Or do I need to wait until it's shipped to me and complain if I haven't received it?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Personally I would never purchase pre order items from eBay as you only have a certain amount of time to claim if there is a problem.

Open Item Not Received in eBay if it is longer than a week after the ETD eBay gave you

If it is past that date you can open INR in Paypal (you have 180 days for that)

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/returns-refunds

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I hope it wasn't a PS5.

What is the item number so we can take a look. Not sure why you asked if it was a legitimate order - the time to have done your due diligence was prior to purchase. An illegitimate seller is hardly going to tell you he's scamming you!

If it's a non-genuine seller, they will often try to string you along past the claim date. The only thing then is to open a case in Paypal.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

This seems to be an occurring thing at the moment.

I purchased an item - delivery was as usual - but - when paid for - the delivery date had esculated - up to 3 months.

Purchased in February - now delivery is - up to late May - which kind of takes out the eBay 60 days.

Try to open a case in eBay - no - can't because - tracking - your item is on it's way.

Try to pen a case in PayPal - that will take you back to eBay - because tracking has been provided - at least PayPal have the 180 day thingo.

Screenshot_20210412-175351_Chrome.jpg

My tracking states no movement since March 1st.

I am not able to do anything until late May.

Unless - of course this item arrives - as will Christmas.

Don't buy from China - just to add - this is my final purchase through eBay. DONE.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

@domino - nobody is forcing you to buy cheap stuff from China. You don't have to leave Ebay - just support domestic businesses and help our economy.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Hey dom It has most likely been sitting waiting for the next vessel bound for Aus since you purchased, maybe that U Turn in the Suez stuffed things up LOL

Problem with OP, is it is a pre order, (which I don't trust at all) so I imagine the only delivery estimate she has been given is by the seller, because tracking can't be provided until the physical item is sent, so hoping she claims via MBG or paypal if MBG is too late

Good luck with ya item (leasst it is on it's way...ish)

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns

We all know what - with all due respect - that leading a sentence means.

Given - it's a sensible thing to not use a selling ID - for purposes of posting - your input would be very much appreciated - when you achieve the x 5 - I have.

It proved an interesting excercise - reading the problems others - have had - a 24 buck investment - which will in time be returned.

As for supportng local business - get a grip. LOL

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Just did the maths Jelly - make that x 6.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Who cares? Feedback is not indicative of sales.

I have 4363 transactions on Ebay and 931 on Etsy and have sold over 10,000 items - is that enough for you?

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@jb & dom.

This resolves or answers the OP's question how?

You both have more sales than I do, but that doesn't make your knowledge more than mine, nor does it impact on the OP.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply