I brought a DVDs and I recieved it today it was a burnt copy and not the one I thought I brought

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I brought a DVDs and I recieved it today it was a burnt copy and not the one I thought I brought

You need to open a dispute for item not as described but you may need to show proof it is a copy.

HAve you contacted the seller and advised them and asked for a refund and it is illegal to sell pirated copies on ebay or anywhere and is a reportable offence.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

No, do not open a dispute without talking to the seller first.

If then you feel your being taken open a dispute, the trouble with trigger happy buyers is they are giving us good sellers a defect for

something that may of been an honest mistake. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Hope it wasn't from a Chinese seller ?

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

horizon1907,

Why are you hoping it wasn't from Chinese seller?

Chinese sellers are very dilligent, they work hard - like everyone else in China,  well organised as a nation (everything in manufacture runs like a clockwork) - which is more than we can say about our work habits and ethics in Australia.

And - I personally don't think it's their fault for copping all the complaints on Ebay (not so much on any other site)  for people being motivated by greed, buying the cheapest stuff they can lay their hands on - and then complaining how it's rubbish, it doesn't last, inferior quality blah, blah, blah.

Or, if clothing... the sizes are too small.

How long exactly is a cheap item  supposed to last, and does it really have to look like a $1000 designer dress/shoes/bag/phone etc.

What Asian countries do is manufacture tons of cheap, disposable goods, they sell them in tons also - the only trouble is that for some reason we all expect them to be of superior quality,  - that's if we get the items at all - as "most of them are out to cheat and grab your money but don't post anything - and when you send them a message they'll reply in a terrible English - oh... and it's all too hard"

And - "OMG, it costs soooooo much to post the item back as it's not what I expected".

And in most cases, when you see what these people bought and how cheap it was, with free postage included - it makes you wander who exactly is  the mug here?

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

@fixnwear wrote:

horizon1907,

Why are you hoping it wasn't from Chinese seller?

Chinese sellers are very dilligent, they work hard - like everyone else in China,  well organised as a nation (everything in manufacture runs like a clockwork) - which is more than we can say about our work habits and ethics in Australia.

And - I personally don't think it's their fault for copping all the complaints on Ebay (not so much on any other site)  for people being motivated by greed, buying the cheapest stuff they can lay their hands on - and then complaining how it's rubbish, it doesn't last, inferior quality blah, blah, blah.

Or, if clothing... the sizes are too small.

How long exactly is a cheap item  supposed to last, and does it really have to look like a $1000 designer dress/shoes/bag/phone etc.

What Asian countries do is manufacture tons of cheap, disposable goods, they sell them in tons also - the only trouble is that for some reason we all expect them to be of superior quality,  - that's if we get the items at all - as "most of them are out to cheat and grab your money but don't post anything - and when you send them a message they'll reply in a terrible English - oh... and it's all too hard"

And - "OMG, it costs soooooo much to post the item back as it's not what I expected".

And in most cases, when you see what these people bought and how cheap it was, with free postage included - it makes you wander who exactly is  the mug here?

Because of the amount of carp they flood the market with to be precise. I'm only asking the question, because it is such a common post here. 100% genuine aticle etc. It may not even have been a Chinese Seller at all. I'm only asking

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

horizon,

I know why are you asking, you ask the same question just about every time there is a complaint of some nature.

And you are in good company - as you said, it's a constant source of complaints across the boards.

But - it is not really China's faults that Ebay lets them "flood the market"

Ebay has long ago recognised the money earning power from Chinese sellers and goods. - and they are not just about to kick them off in order to accomodate Australian sellers!

They sell stuff that everyone on the planet wants to buy - including Aussies.

They have found the need for global cheap merchandise  and are fulfilling it admirably!

They are most certainly not stupid,  and it's not like they are not capable of making stuff properly - just look at their silks, cashmere, pottery, medical and curative capabilities - they're  totally reigning supreme in all those - like:  best on the planet.

But the goods that they mass produce, market and sell are there because masses want to buy them!

How & why do you think fake designer goods flooded the world?

Chinese discovered back in the 70's how Westerners want to buy them - those  great pretenders - who can't afford the real thing but have a need for the world to think that they can!

And  the Chinese, of course - not being stupid - have recognised this  at the onset - and very obligingly started suppling.

And you can say all you like how they are dishonest, they are making counterfit goods, blah, blah... - but none of that would even exist if there wasn't a market for it - in countries like Australia and the rest of the Western world.

Almost non existant in Asian countries - they just make them - and we buy them!

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

@fixnwear wrote:

horizon,

I know why are you asking, you ask the same question just about every time there is a complaint of some nature.

And you are in good company - as you said, it's a constant source of complaints across the boards.

But - it is not really China's faults that Ebay lets them "flood the market"

Ebay has long ago recognised the money earning power from Chinese sellers and goods. - and they are not just about to kick them off in order to accomodate Australian sellers!

They sell stuff that everyone on the planet wants to buy - including Aussies.

They have found the need for global cheap merchandise  and are fulfilling it admirably!

They are most certainly not stupid,  and it's not like they are not capable of making stuff properly - just look at their silks, cashmere, pottery, medical and curative capabilities - they're  totally reigning supreme in all those - like:  best on the planet.

But the goods that they mass produce, market and sell are there because masses want to buy them!

How & why do you think fake designer goods flooded the world?

Chinese discovered back in the 70's how Westerners want to buy them - those  great pretenders - who can't afford the real thing but have a need for the world to think that they can!

And  the Chinese, of course - not being stupid - have recognised this  at the onset - and very obligingly started suppling.

And you can say all you like how they are dishonest, they are making counterfit goods, blah, blah... - but none of that would even exist if there wasn't a market for it - in countries like Australia and the rest of the Western world.

Almost non existant in Asian countries - they just make them - and we buy them!

fixnwear, I totally agree with you with most of what your saying. They do make some excellent products & fakes

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Anyway, this is getting off the topic of the OP.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

If it is a burnt dvd it is pretty easy to tell, so as sparkz said, open INAD if the seller refuses to refund.

You should not need to return the item as a burnt dvd is considered fake, but take a photo of the item to back up your claim.

As to the rest of the replies, it is not unreasonable to assume it may be a Chinese seller - China after all, is the home of the COPY, FAKE, RePRODUCED and reNAMED of most products.

Nothing personal against our Chinese friends I am sure, it is more a case of 'you get what you pay for'.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply