I cannot get my postage back

I returned a faulty product.

I got refund, but I cannot get refund on the postage.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you didn't go through an official eBay dispute, or the seller isn't in Australia, then you might have a problem with that. With an eBay dispute, if you win then the seller has to send a postage label for you to return the item (if they are in Australia).

What is the item number (RHS of the listing page) ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Did you open a dispute?

If the item was wrong or defective, you would only have to return it IF the seller wanted it back and then they are responsible for return postage.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@frankiehfng wrote:

I returned a faulty product.

I got refund, but I cannot get refund on the postage.

You said it, you cannot get that postage back.

Write it off, put it down to experience.

If you ever have trouble again with a faulty product-whether it is from ebay or any online site-never, ever send it back like that. Returning it is your last action, not your first.

Firstly, you can contact the seller or company. Include a photo if it is a visible fault.

Any reputable seller in Australia will then reply with instructions about how to make a return.

A return that is accepted for change of mind, wrong size etc yes, you would pay the postage (normally, but can vary depending on the seller & their policy). 

A return that is for a faulty product though is different. A seller will normally include a label for you to print or a freepost address. You're not up for return postage costs.

If a seller on ebay doesn't do that, don't mess around, just open an ebay dispute. Don't pay to post it back, no matter what the seller might say. Know your rights. Sometimes a seller may just refund the whole lot and not pay for a return, especially if they can see a product is broken. But if they want it back, they pay!

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply