I have 100% positive feedback over 2800 transaction and I got blocked for trying to combine post

Absolutely shocking way to treat customers. I have over 2800 positive feedback over 13 years. I recently engaged with a seller I had won a couple of items and communicated regarding combined post with the seller and the seller was happy. At this stage I had 3 items won and an hour until 2 other auctions I had bid on would finish.  This is about a 5 day period. I would have further bid if needed . Then eBay cancelled the 2 items I had bid on then blocked me. 

I tried to explain this to the seller not sure he was trusting my explanation. 

The seller relisted the items but I was unable to bid. He asked if I was going to buy them now and I tried and no go , blocked. I informed him , he not happy. 

I contacted eBay they said I shouldn't be blocked and I would have been emailed. Which I wasn't.

After my contact with eBay, I had success bidding on a couple of other items , I then tried the seller that had to relist the items.  I was unable to bid, BLOCKED.

No point talking with eBay again as no one seems to have a clue whether its lost in translation not sure. But no one really cares ( geez done this long enough to know that care is never a thought).

Now this was several days ago, I have bid on SOME items and been successful and a few hours ago tried to bid on a local ( Aust ) sellers medal group ( I collect buy sell Militaria ) which would have easily bumped his sale price up an extra $150 , BLOCKED. At the same time I bid successfully on an item in the Netherlands. 

Anyone had this happen, intermittent blocking. No not the seller blocking me - eBay. 

Some of these collectibles are hard to get and it may take 12 months or more to get similar other items are one off and thats it. 

All I tried to to was combine post, I fully communicated with the seller. 

Does eBay no longer want combined post as it robs them of addition % on postage and and other fees. 

Fix it eBay, Once I am able to bid again, I might be in the position of choosing only one item per seller or winning paying , winning paying then asking for a refund on excess postage. this penalises the seller with additional work.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have 100% positive feedback over 2800 transaction and I got blocked for trying to combine post

I may be incorrect...

However eBay has not blocked you... only the seller can do that.

It's more than likely that the seller has the Unpaid Item Assistant turned on without realizing it.

In addition they probably have their preferences set to block all those with 2 or more unpaid item strikes in a 12 month period which would have kicked in after the cancellation... that would also happen when you attempt to bid with other sellers who have similar preferences set.

You may want to ask the seller to check this.

Have you looked at your settings?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I may be incorrect...

However eBay has not blocked you... only the seller can do that.

It's more than likely that the seller has the Unpaid Item Assistant turned on without realizing it.

In addition they probably have their preferences set to block all those with 2 or more unpaid item strikes in a 12 month period which would have kicked in after the cancellation... that would also happen when you attempt to bid with other sellers who have similar preferences set.

You may want to ask the seller to check this.

Have you looked at your settings?

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Reading you explanation, I was thinking it was the auto unpaid item assistant and the blocks by sellers for buyers with unpaid item strikes.

Then I read what Tuckcase wrote, and they said it better then I could.

Don't blame Ebay,  blame the sellers settings, and your failure to pay in time,  even if it was in agreement with the seller.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

It sounds exactly as tuckcase outlined. Seller had unpaid assistant turned on and because it was over the 4 day payment period, you copped 2 (or maybe 3) unpaid item strikes.

That would block you from bidding with that seller and any others who had a block in place for buyers with 2 unpaid item strikes.

You could perhaps ask the original seller to check but you say you are not sure he was trusting your explanation by day 5, when you had other items coming up and again, he wasn't happy when you didn't pay for the original items. I know you couldn't, but whether he believes that explanation is another thing.

All I can think of is in future, to guard against this, never prolong paying past the 4 days. That doesn't mean you can't ask for combined postage but maybe do it for items that are bought very close together. That way you can pay within the normnal time frame. If there are other items coming up but they don't end for a few more days, you may need to buy them separately.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

A better strategy would be to tell sellers up front that you would like to combine postage but you will pay for items if and when you win them. Then ask the seller if they would refund any excess postage when you are finished purchasing. That way at least you stay on track with having paid, and the sellers are happy and there's no reason the vast majority wouldn't refund excess postage once they know the final size and weight of the package.

The main issue seems to be having inadvertently gone over the 4 day mark for payments and that put you on the restricted lists of many sellers. Unfortunately, the restrictions last for 12 months.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

I'm a little confused, I thought you were leaving Ebay.

Welcome back, it wasnt as bad as you thought?

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Ebay-now-want-to-have-access-to-my-bank-account-and-control...

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

YOU PERSERVERE BUT THEY MAKE YOU WORK FOR IT. SELL LESS. Once the new system got worked through and streamlined it wasn't so bad. The issue is you have no human or easy system to sort out problems and get solutions. With this buying issue, it only effects the bottom line of those listing , the sellers whom I can't bid on . It is frustrating. I don't mind spending my money overseas but would prefer to buy from Aussie sellers. 

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

G'day, I do inform sellers that I am purchasing multiple items. The seller when this had happened I had asked 2 times for updated invoices but to no avail. My ignorance got me caught out. What is hilarious is I have an item that a bidder has not paid for he hasn't responded and what have ebay done thus far nothing see what happens at 4.30 today as this will be day 6 of unpaid item.  equity

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Good option asking for adjustments post purchase but a lot of sellers just want to have the transaction finalized and move on. Probably my issue I need to buy  direct from websites instead of being a bit lazy and using the ebay system. scroll scroll it is simple. Get the safety from paypal so all good there. I have learnt a lot from this experience. What I did here is something I have done for years. I will check my  unpaid assistant to but obviously mine is not on as I have an unpaid item where the buyer hasn't communicated in six days. 

cheers

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks, I agree, I have a buyer with an unpaid item , I do not believe I have the unpaid assitant on. 

got good info here and from previous input . appreciated.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply