I have a seller, who is being very difficult to deal with over item

bgt70l
Community Member

I am attempting to purchase an item, and the seller is being very difficult.        Not only difficult but trying to rob me by overcharging on the freight.             I was simply wanting information on the provenance of the above item, and also wanted the freight cost to my post code of 2370.          Firstly, it took a prod from me to get them to answer my valid question, and then after two days they couldn't be bothered to answer my question of the provenance, or the shipping cost.        Two days later when enquiring on another almost identical model  oven that they have, they said the shipping was $85.00.         When I again asked them about the answer to my first question they asked me to send my phone number so we could discuss the matter.            Since I have changed my selection back to the first product I enquired upon, they now tell me the shipping cost has increased by over 350%.!         I believe that they are being smart, but I wanted to buy the initial item, but now because of the silly shipping cost, they have essentially turned me away and have blocked me from asking questions, which I am entitled to ask.           I have been an E-Bay member for 16 years, and have never treated or have been treated so badly by anyone in all that time.          Can you please assist me to resovle this please?       Robert

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I  am not sure how fellow buyers and sellers (the only people here) can help you resolve this

Or why you want to deal with someone if they are being needlessly smart/difficult

Did you send them your phone number or did they send you theirs (if so, then it is more likely eBay has blocked both of you as they see exchanging phone numbers as an 'attempt to buy off / away from eBay) 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

@bgt70l wrote:

I believe that they are being smart, but I wanted to buy the initial item, but now because of the silly shipping cost, they have essentially turned me away and have blocked me from asking questions, which I am entitled to ask.

A seller can block any potential buyer they wish if they think the buyer may be problematic, so in reality there's nothing you can do if the seller has decided to block you.

If they have been tardy in answering your questions then you may have dodged a bullet, their negative feedback is a little bit worrying though they seem to have lifted their game over the last 12 months.

Edit. Good point on the message blocking for trying to exchange personal info bear.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I don't know who the seller is as the mods have removed all reference to them, so hopefully it's not who I am referring to. Nearly 2 years ago I purchased a new oven and dishwasher when we installed a new kitchen. I bought them from an online site with the initials A O. I found them to be exceptional in their service, and after a lot of shopping around, to be the cheapest. Shipping was free.

I placed my order at 8pm. I received a text message at 7.30am the next morning to say delivery would be at 10am. They arrived at 9.55am. I live in a rural area, and the goods were delivered from Sydney. I believe they have warehouses in other capital cities too. I have heard excellent results from others who have bought things from them too, especially about how fast delivery was.

If you aren't sure who A O are, send me a PM and I'll tell you. I just don't feel right putting it here as it kind of goes against a few policies.

Plus, as the others have said, if you did send your phone number via eBay messages, then you'll both have been blocked from sending messages to anyone for 7 days. It's not the seller blocking you, it's eBay.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

The OP was after a fridge for a caravan Tippy - reckon a kitchen one might just be a tad too big.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I know the seller to whom tippy's referring; they would have smaller fridges as well which would fit in a caravan without bursting the frame.

That's one scene I've never beheld: a caravan exploding due to too many (or too large) appliances!

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

That's one scene I've never beheld: a caravan exploding due to too many (or too large) appliances!

...............the mind boggles countess, at that one................thud-faint-smiley-emoticon.gif

Spoiler
With the old caravans you were lucky to fit a toaster and a kettle in them...........let alone swing the cat around............

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Great to hear that, Tippy.

I am currently looking at ovens/cooktops, the works but found AO to have some very competitive prices.

In one case, hundreds of dollars different to what i saw in a real store.

In answer to bgt701, I think that as long as we are not talking about something like a collectable, then you don't need to focus on just the one seller. It is quite reasonable to ask a seller a question about an item but if it feels like pulling teeth to get any answers, then just imagine what it might be like if you actually buy and then encounter problems.

It doesn't sound as if you're happy with the freight charges or altogether satisfied with the provenance of the items on sale.

Don't buy from this seller, go elsewhere.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply