Apparently i have $20 to spend on Ebay?

melomake
Community Member

I got a text from Ebay saying i have $20 to spend, and to find it i have to go under /myaccount, problem is, i can't seem to find it anywhere. 

It expires on the 4/12/2018, would anyone be able to help me???

All replies are appreciated, thanks!!

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I also got this sms buy I was suspicious because the phrasing "you have A $20" so I did a search for the number provide to stop the sms's and I found this page and many more declaring it a SCAM. So don't enter any information or even click the link if u can avoid it (which stupidly I did -- but afterwards I tried to access the page that loads via my normal eBay app and the external site and coukd find anything page that looked even remotely the same -- which is when u did the number search I should have done 1st). I hope this helps
https://www.numberlookup.com.au/number/0427055200

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I got the same text message, i used to see in my summary all of the coupons i could use, last few weeks i cant see them anywhere. how do i see them now?
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

hoangrl
Community Member

i just got this text to, but i cant see anythign im my account to see that I even have $20 to spend.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

I also got this sms buy I was suspicious because the phrasing "you have A $20" so I did a search for the number provide to stop the sms's and I found this page and many more declaring it a SCAM. So don't enter any information or even click the link if u can avoid it (which stupidly I did -- but afterwards I tried to access the page that loads via my normal eBay app and the external site and coukd find anything page that looked even remotely the same -- which is when u did the number search I should have done 1st). I hope this helps
https://www.numberlookup.com.au/number/0427055200
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

a couple of weeks ago I got an SMS from eBay for a $20 voucher.  The terms and conditions changed after a few hours to include that the $20 voucher was only available if it showed in the vouchers section of the “My eBay” page. I called eBay to sort it out and, sure enough, the SMS was genuine . . . . . . but it didn’t show on my “My eBay” page.  

After a few minutes the CS suggested I look on my other eBay IDs.  The voucher did appear on one of my lesser used IDs, one I hadn’t used for quite some months.  I use the same mobile number for all my IDs, but this is my main ID nowadays and I made a wrong assumption that it applied to this account.  I used the voucher on that other ID by putting two items from different sellers into my cart on that ID then proceeding to checkout.  The items were from Australia with ‘free’ postage and totalling $19.81

I got two phone cables for my new mobile FOR FREE.  When I went through checkout I just put the voucher code in and it came up with to $0.00 total owing.

So, if you have other IDs it may be for use on one of those.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

7EB55BFF-57F1-4672-85E3-5436D4E0F9A9.jpeg

And now I have the 4 Dec voucher on another ID

C44B21D3-3189-4BBA-B602-49FD965AA514.jpeg

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

further to my previous posts on this thread, I just used the $20 voucher on the ID it appeared on and I bought some more phone cables totalling $18.01 and only paid the $1 GST on one of the items (I bought two of them).

So, eBay paid $18.01 and I paid $1 and I am a very happy chappy.

86966018-8B30-45CD-8070-07BA1C3E1620.jpeg

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

colp_69
Community Member

Text received about discounts. My number is on the Do Not Call list. I sent a message to them to say I have reported them for this breach. They will receive fines. Put your number on the Do Not Call list and report them - make them pay

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

@colp_69 wrote:

Text received about discounts. My number is on the Do Not Call list. I sent a message to them to say I have reported them for this breach. They will receive fines. Put your number on the Do Not Call list and report them - make them pay

if you received the text on the number you have registered with eBay it might be hard for anyone to fine them.  Check your account preferences, there may be a way of opting out of receiving the texts.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Ive got all of my promotion options turned off and I still received it.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply