I have been led along by a seller and now its too late to lodge a dispute, any ideas ?

gemhen7
Community Member

I purchased an item which took forever to arrive as the seller kept fobbing me off. Finally it arrived but was the wrong size. They stalled and slatted in thier response until it was too late for me to lodge a response or even give feedback,does anyone have any ideas an what I could do ?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I have been led along by a seller and now its too late to lodge a dispute, any ideas ?

there is absolutely nothing you can do now.   Perhaps if your purchase was funded by your credit card thru Paypal you may...only may.. be able to ask your bank about a chargeback, but if its already past the 60 days for f/back it may be too late for your bank too (different banks have different cutoff times)

Paypal provide (as a FREE service to all buyers) an assurance of getting your item or your $$ back, you just need to put in your dispute within 45 days from payment..... you then have a further 20 days to escalate it to a claim for your money.  Never ever allow a seller to string you along past that point.  YOU, the Buyer are in Full Control... exercise it next time.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Sorry that there are so many sellers doing it as I have had the same problem they deliberately make it past the time you can do anything about it. I thoiught it was just overseas sellers but it isn't. Even complaining to ebay does no good I have found, so either don't shop on ebay or hope that something changes with the rules of time frame.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

If you find problems similar to this follow the buyer options of redress.

Do not allow a buyer to 'fob you off'.

If you receive no communication or unsatisfactory communication - file asap an item not received case.

Make sure within the allotted timeframe if nothing is solved to escalate the 'case' to a claim.

Only close the claim when you have received a refund or received the item in question.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Sorry - do not allow a seller to 'fob you off'.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@rings*2012 wrote:

Sorry that there are so many sellers doing it as I have had the same problem they deliberately make it past the time you can do anything about it. I thoiught it was just overseas sellers but it isn't. Even complaining to ebay does no good I have found, so either don't shop on ebay or hope that something changes with the rules of time frame.

The sellers are doing nothing that will result in your not being able to open a dispute, you are the one who is allowing yourself to be persuaded to leave it too long. You say sellers so presumably you have allowed it to happen more than once! What can ebay do about you refusing to act on Paypal's very clear advice that if you have a problem a dispute must be opened within 45 days? I have been shoppiing on ebay for well over a decade and have used Paypal since long before it was even available in Australia and I have never failed to get my money back for either a not received or a not as described item so I am definitely not going to stop shopping on ebay and need nothing to change.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply