I have received damaged goods. Seller not replying. How do i contact ebay?

gcjmmo
Community Member

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Open a case for item not as described. 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Use the link below.

https://pages.ebay.com.au/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Don't keep trying to get the attention of a seller who is ignoring you - just open a case for Not as Described.

If your seller is domestic, they can send you a shipping label if they want it back, or they will have to refund.

If they are overseas, they cannot send you a label and will have to refund.

Sometimes if you contact a seller they may try and persuade you to close the case or promise to send another one. Do NOT close the case under any circumstances until you have the refund. 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

And don't let the seller make you wait with the promise of a replacement. Although there are also honest sellers who really send a replacement, many people who come here have been waiting and waiting after the seller said they would send them a replacement, and then the replacement never arrived and they could not open a case any more because it was too late. As your seller is not responsive, I would not trust this seller too much if he/she says they are going to send a replacement. Keep an eye on the deadline to open a case and don't miss it.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

When you say seller not replying , has it been over 3 days, 3hrs or 30 mins? Ebay advises to allow up to 48 hours for replies. Some sellers may have personal issues that prevent them from replying. The best rule of thumb is to send a follow up if there is no response in 72 hours

Did the seller send you damaged goods or did the goods get damaged in transit? If the item was packaged to reasonably protect the item and another parcel, a heavy bulky one, has impacted on it to create the damage, the seller would have no control over that and just because the item came damaged does not mean they have not taken the steps to adequately protect it from normal handling and transport. Not many people realise that in the case of transit damage, it is actually a requirement for the receiver and not the sender to lodge a claim with the carrier. If you look at Aust Post terms, it is clearly stated. So it is a matter of taking the packaging, item and your payment receipt and lodging a claim with ie Aust Post who will in most instances issue you compensation of up to $100 on the spot.

If you can clearly determine that the seller has sent you damaged goods or that they did not protect the item reasonably, then it becomes the seller's issue and if they are not prepared to replace or refund, you should lodge a dispute.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply