I have requested a return/refund from the seller, as the product significantly doesn't match with it

sharwong
Community Member

Hi 

I've ordered a Kids on ride car recently, but it significantly doesn't match with its description. Requested a return/ refund on 12 May 2020, but the seller still havsn't responded to me message. As the profoduct itself is huge, and I suspect its a replica, I would like the seller to give me a postage method. I don't think it's my responsibility to cover the postage. How can I ask ebay to step in and help? I can't find such an button anywhere on my page. Thanks in advance.

Sharon

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I have requested a return/refund from the seller, as the product significantly doesn't match with it

Have you opened a case for Item Not As Described?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I thought it was after 4 days you could escalate a claim, but I could be wrong. If there is no option by tomorrow to escalate, in the dispute, I'd be getting onto eBay and asking them if they can escalate it while you are on the phone. If the seller doesn't respond to the dispute, eBay will close it in your favour, and refund without you having to return it.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I thought it was after 4 days you could escalate a claim, but I could be wrong. If there is no option by tomorrow to escalate, in the dispute, I'd be getting onto eBay and asking them if they can escalate it while you are on the phone. If the seller doesn't respond to the dispute, eBay will close it in your favour, and refund without you having to return it.

tippy...4 days sounds right...haven't opened one for over 12 months.

However the OP only mentions a message.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I could have read it wrong, now you mention it. I saw "requested a return/refund" and took that as having a dispute open.

OP, as Tuck said, if you haven't opened a dispute for item not as described, you need to do that before you can ask eBay to step in and help. As the seller hasn't responded to your messages, then a dispute is the only way to go.

As I said in my reply, if they continue to ignore you in the dispute, then you can escalate it (ask eBay to step in and help) and they will close in your favour and refund you (from the seller's money).

Please ask for more help if you need it.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply