I have someone who will just not send an item i bought from them. I have no idea what action to take

geofjohn
Community Member

I have someone who will not send me the item i bought from them. I have taken out a complaint with ebay but no results. The person in question has told me that she has a few personal problems and that she has no time to post the item. What other action can i take?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: I have someone who will just not send an item i bought from them. I have no idea what action to

If you have already paid then open an Item Not Received Dispute through PayPal. This may prompt the seller to post the item.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Re: I have someone who will just not send an item i bought from them. I have no idea what action to

rjm6572
Community Member
did you pay using paypal and if you did open an INR and escalate to a claim and paypal will make the member respond
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

As long as you paid by Paypal, and I trust and hope you did, put in a claim and you will win easy if  it is within the 45 day timeframe. If the seller is flatly refusing to send after you have paid, well, that is fraud and they need to be kicked off ebay. I would be trashing any feedback numbers they might have also. The excuse that the seller is too busy to send, without at least giving some sort of extra timeframe is not on. Sounds like the seller simply has no regard for their ebay account and will dissapear real quick now that they have your money, so get onto it pronto.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Have you paid for the item? She can't keep your money and not deliver the item.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Perhaps she could have used the time taken to fabricate and type out the excuses more effectively posting your item. Is it really likely that such severe problems they prevent a visit to the PO would occur during the last 12 hours of the auction? If they happened earlier she should have ended the item. If the buyer paid straight away then it is also highly unlikely the seller's circumstances changed within the day it would have taken to repare and post the item.

I would have more respect for a seller who just came clean and said sorry, not going to sell as I don't want to and I am happy to accept the slap from ebay and the neg I deserve.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I understand your frustration, I'm in a similar boat. I'm not waiting 45 days but the date that the delivery was promised to be made by. I've sent the seller numerous messages requesting my purchase to be posted, and evenually a message to say I'm cancelling the for a refund, that I am no longer able to wait for them to post my purchase. I'm going through PayPal with this reason. I may have to wait for Paypal to return my payment but transaction contracts are contracts and that's that.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Heather, I do not think the buyer can cancel a sale.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply