I haven't received my amplifier and is said that REMOVED is no longer a mem

My amplifier has not arrived and it's telling me that REMOVED is no longer a member...regards 1088jeffrey

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

What is your question?

Have you opened an item not received case?

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

If the expected delivery time frame has lapsed, open an 'Item Not Received' case with eBay to begin the refund process.

eBay will give the seller some time to respond, after which you can escalate to a case for eBay to investigate if the seller hasn't taken appropriate steps to address the issue.

If the seller asks you to wait longer, or says they will send again, just ignore and escalate anyway - they'll often do this when stalling for time.

The fact that the item has been removed by eBay indicates eBay have an issue with the seller, and you'll almost definitely receive a prompt refund through the INR process. But you have to escalate it - don't just open the request and hope for the best - it will time out and nothing will happen.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If the seller is no longer registered you should have received an email from ebay telling you so.

In short, you can open an immediate dispute and if you mention that the seller is no longer registered you may get an immediate refund.

If the seller is not registered they will never see a dispute and cannot reply to it so a normal dispute timeframe does not apply

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

@1088jeffrey wrote:

My amplifier has not arrived and it's telling me that REMOVED is no longer a member...regards 1088jeffrey

OK, so the seller is no longer a member. Well that may be a concern. Perhaps they haven't paid their fees and they've been taken down until they pay their dues. If the item is coming from overseas, it could be delayed due to the corona virus slow post situation. I have had stuff take 6 weeks from the UK and near 2 months from the US. I hope that it will be in your hands soon. Still, in the interim, best to open a case with eBay and then if no joy there, you can go via Paypal.

Good luck and hopefully you get satisfaction one way or another.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

There is no problem at all if a member has been deregistered.....the resolution process works in exactly the same way....often much quicker as there should be no waiting for the seller to respond.....they can't respond as they will never know that there has been a dispute opened.

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

Yes I thought so too. Well things should be OK with the dispute process, well hopefully if the deregistration just relates to fees. Myself having a liking for hi-fi stuff, I hope the OP gets it soon so the item can be connected and the sound comes flowing on through.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

The OP isn't going to get an amplifier. I certainly hope they don't. I doubt anything but trouble will be flowing through if they do receive it.

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

music-sound-system-girl.gif      <-- not going to happen, alas, although thankfully Australia does have some authorised sellers selling amplifiers made to Australian standards; hopefully the OP can remedy his/her amplifierless situation.

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Yes I thought so too. Well things should be OK with the dispute process, well hopefully if the deregistration just relates to fees. Myself having a liking for hi-fi stuff, I hope the OP gets it soon so the item can be connected and the sound comes flowing on through.

What does the reason for deregistration have to do with anything?

It is far more likely that there was a problem with what the seller was listing.

Whatever the reason for deregistration makes no difference to the dispute process.  The seller is gone and the dispute process rolls on.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply