I just received an email from PayPal. Is it legal?

xb50gs
Community Member
I was told that I have a high number of charge backs and they would review my ability to do such, and in the future may not allow me to open a new case, or remove my buyer protection.

Is that within their terms of use? What do they consider high? I buy from China a lot, also from second hand mobile phones.

Why is it the buyer is penalised rather than the seller? The didn't refund me my money for the item the seller used false tracking info on, are all my claims going to be declined now?

I'll be closing my account if that is the case. I can ill afford for someone to decide I don't get refunded because I've had too many refunds, like eBay removed all the negatives I left with no warning or explanation.

Going Ford is the Going Thing.
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: I just received an email from PayPal. Is it legal?

Compare 2229 feedback with this account, plus another account with over 20,000 from my ex employer, to a feedback of 51. Not really the same is it.
Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

True. And you've been around long enough to know better than to judge a member's experience from the feedback of the ID they use on the boards.

My point is still valid as far as I'm concerned.

But then I would never buy mobile phones from China. Or anywhere online.

And as you admit, you no longer run the business, but must still be claiming from Paypal or they wouldn't have sent you a warning.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

No, I dont run the business any longer.

I still buy a lot though. Its lower now as I dont have any money, but restoring 2 cars, working on another, plus 2 kids, etc etc. I buy a lot from ebay, especially with my old cars as I felt safe knowing if I spent $5-$500 on an item and it wasnt as described, I had protection, unlike at a swap meet, plus I only pay what the market demands. For instance, I was looking for one peice that people were asking well over $100 for, in BIN and also wrecking, etc, at auction it didnt get past $20.

Anyway, my point is how can paypal say that I am making excessive claims. Even putting mobile phones aside, I have bought other items, such as car parts which were sold insanely low, which never arrived. Why shouldnt I be entitled to claim my money back for that?

Its easier for eBay or Paypal to victimize me, rather than say to a chinese seller who has a high rate of paypal claims, but still turns over $1000 a month in fees. I generate little to no revenue directly for ebay. I think selling costs are too high here and as such try to sell as little as possible. Last time I sold, I made not quite $500 and paid $73 fees. But I needed money and got quick sales.

Anyway, I'm only going to spend what I can afford to lose now. I dont want paypal to decide to close my $300 item not received claim wont be processed because i've had too many.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Hi Bump, yes, they are. 4 at the start of last month. In pre school 2 days a week now and both growing and forming their own personalities. Its amazing to watch. 🙂 thanks.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

@2barkingbeagles wrote:

Anyway, my point is how can paypal say that I am making excessive claims. Even putting mobile phones aside, I have bought other items, such as car parts which were sold insanely low, which never arrived. Why shouldnt I be entitled to claim my money back for that?

I still think you have to look at your spending habits.

You must be buying a high percentage of high risk items.

I mean really, PHONES, it's just asking for trouble.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Have to admit if Ihad been burnt that many times from OS/Chinese sellers, I would be buying Australian or just plain giving up.

Sorry, but once, twice, three, 500 times bitten, twice shy

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply