I'm requesting a new feature for ebay or a request to all sellers, for privacy reasons

I would like sellers to have a little respect for the buyer and
stop putting my phone number on the address label.
No explanation needed.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I'm requesting a new feature for ebay or a request to all sellers, for privacy reasons

You will need to take that up with eBay and their address labels 

And stop blaming sellers 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

don you think I already tried that!?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

In some instances the phone number has to be on the address label - that's not the seller's decision to make.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Not when you are posting it on a member to member forum, no

and eBay won't 'over rule' Australia Post requirements 

Many places where you buy online will include the buyer's phone number where it is required 

(And you are still blaming sellers for it in any case)

It would be no different to someone saying 'don't put your phone number in the first place'

You don't get the choice 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

As a seller I have no option,  it gets downloaded into Mypost automatically from Ebay.   We don't decide.   

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Ebay do not accept unsolicited suggestions from members. 

Next time you complete an ebay survey, you can have your say.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Have you tried editing your primary delivery address, have not tried but assume you can remove phone No.

god knows how many times I have had to remove phone numbers  when processing postage, because the number is incomplete.

I know I have several stored delivery addresses, some with phone number and some without, and I can make anyone of them my primary address at the drop of a hat.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Just mucking around,  Created a new delivery address, when I got to the Field for Ph No, it says this field can not be left blank,  No worries used a BS number with insufficient digits and it was accepted. 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Wouldn't it be easy if the postage got a bit lost, then there is a phone number to call? I can't see the problem myself, but I do respect the ones who really don't want their phone number on the label.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply