I placed a bid on an item. Seller doesn't want to sell for the price I won it.

I recently won a bid on ebay. Went to msg the seller. she had already msg me with a msg stating she will not sell for the price i won items for and she wants double the amount? I shot back with well then you should make it buy it now or put a reserve.

Is she allowed to do that? I have never experienced this before on ebay. Her items had alot of bids so i'm assuming she thinks she can get more for them but it really was me and one other girl bidding. It seems that the other bidder also dropped out and was no longer bidding.

I know it's a bargin but I have bought other items at even less. 

Am i being unreasonable she was very rude.

I also bid on items i won for 1 cent i did the right thing and contacted seller and told her i'd agree to a cancellation as the price was way too cheap.

Very dissapointed things like this happening make me really annoyed with ebay. Now i remember why i stopped coming here last t ime now i'm back I have to deal with this kinda of stuff.

any suggestions? I'm very dissapointed..... 😞

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I placed a bid on an item. Seller doesn't want to sell for the price I won it.

Report the seller for NON PERFORMNG SELLER and leave appropriate negative feedback like "Seller failed to honour the sale"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: I placed a bid on an item. Seller doesn't want to sell for the price I won it.

Report the seller for NON PERFORMNG SELLER and leave appropriate negative feedback like "Seller failed to honour the sale"

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

You Bidded, you Won. Stick to your guns. If she had wanted more for it , she should have started the auction with her minimum. That's what auctions are all about. I don't think you are being unreasonable. Can I ask, was the seller a somewhat "Newbie on Ebay" 

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

by the way.... except for motors, there are NO RESERVES on eBay Australia, and havent been any for many many years.

the price an auction starts at is the minimum a seller should be happy to sell at.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

yes she is very new. I offered her to ttake some of the items out that I don't need and still pay the agreed amoount that i w on it for. She says. I don't know what I am going to do with my stuff. So i just said to her don't bother it's obvious you don't want to sell it why did you even list it in the first place. She seems very attachhed to it. lol. Oh well better luck next time i suppose. Sometimes when it's a lil too good to be true maybe it is. You live and learn. I warned her against doing what she did to me again. I won't waste anymore more of my time with her. I will just give her the deserved bad feedback. Thanks guys you have been very helpful.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I have also had the same happen to me twice however i had purchased a pre-owned item the seller cancelled the sale & i found the same item again up for auction a week later so i left her neg feed back, i ended up receiving a very disgruntled email from her i disregarded her comments. now this has happened again i have purchased a pre-owned brooch & now received an email stating the seller wants to cancel due to not in stock how on earth do you not have a pre-owned item as not in stock? The buyer has to honour the contract to purchase n pay if not the buyer gets a strike, however a seller has the choice to cancel, dishonour the contract & resell the item if they wish with no repercussions i believe the Ebay rules of (honour the contract) should be for purchasers & sellers. Just my opinion Cheers
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

did you report this seller to ebay as there is new guide lines on sellers,if they get a case put up against them they loose there ratings ,talk to ebay on this situation you won the item they have to sell it to you no matter what

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply, i have received an email from Ebay this evening (i had only purchased n payed today) on behalf of the seller stating she wants to cancel due to out of stock (pre-owned) Ebay has asked me to respond, i had originally purchased 2 items however she has cancelled 1 one brooch, i am a bit upset however what can buyers do?
Cheers n thanx
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Out of stock or goods damaged is what I usually hear when sellers have been caught out. Drove 500 miles to another state only for a seller to put the "goods damaged" line from my complaint to ebay. The item was a well used grimy dirty fireplace pulled out of a 100yr old house so I wasn't concerned and more or less expected some damage, but it was obvious after dodging my calls for  a few days something was up. Even told ebay I was prepared to still take the item. That particular seller even said if I didnt pick it up within 3 days he would lodge a complaint against me to ebay.... the nerve of some!

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@kobr1215 wrote:

did you report this seller to ebay as there is new guide lines on sellers,if they get a case put up against them they loose there ratings ,talk to ebay on this situation you won the item they have to sell it to you no matter what

Rubbish. They get a defect, the same as they always have. And they DON'T have to sell an item unless you get a court to order them to do so. Which with most eBay items is neither cost- nor time-effective.

If a seller offers a cancellation, the buyer has the option of agreeing (the seller gets their FVF back), refusing (the seller does their FVF) or ignoring (the seller gets their FVF back).

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread. It might pay most to actually read eBay's site map.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply