I purchased an item a week ago, and it still says payment pending?

So Buyer accepted my best offer for an item , and i paid straight away.

So i was wondering why it hadnt come in the mail yet and it says that the Payment is still pending?

Could there be any reason as to why the buyer hasnt received the money for the item in question?

I actually think its a scam, but i would love an explanation from anyone that can give me one?

Cheers

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

How did you pay and what is the seller's handling time?

The seller will not send the item until they have received cleared payment.....nor do they have to send before the end of their handling time.

If you paid with paypal and funded the payment with a bank account it can take up to a week for the seller to receive cleared funds.....longer if paypal has trouble getting the payment from your account.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

@willy_beamin wrote:

So Buyer accepted my best offer for an item , and i paid straight away.

So i was wondering why it hadnt come in the mail yet and it says that the Payment is still pending?

Could there be any reason as to why the buyer hasnt received the money for the item in question?

I actually think its a scam, but i would love an explanation from anyone that can give me one?

Cheers

I am unsure why a buyer would accept best offer, and then you pay them. Why would you pay a buyer? They should pay you. I am also unsure as to why you would question why a buyer hasnt received any money. Buyers pay sellers, not the other way around.

Assuming you fooked it up and meant to say seller, rather than buyer (on more than one occasion), you have probably paid with an eCheque. Not something you do deliberately, it's an eBay thing if you've paid through PayPal without having funds available in your PayPal account. Give it a week or so and all should be good.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply