I "weakened" and have a small item coming from the US via GSP

chezzy
Community Member

This will be my first Global Shipping Program experience - to date I have avoided purchasing from sellers who use this program.

I was charged around US$24 for "Priority shipping" (the same item if sent via USPS First Class Intl would be $12-$14). For some odd reason I thought Priority would mean 'fast' so was happy to pay the extra $10 or so.

Seems the seller shipped the item on the 28th August. Apparently package left Fedex/Erlanger facility 3rd Sept. So 7 days and still in the US. I guess this should be expected if multiple carriers are involved. BUT the fedex site is giving an estimated delivery 16th Sept.

*sigh*

I will be watching this with interest. I won't be doing this on a regular basis that's for sure.

One positive is that I have managed to help 'educate' a number of US sellers - some of who had never even shipped overseas - with

numerous items safely arriving by USPS First Class International.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: I "weakened" and have a small item coming from the US via GSP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAc0FKyBgks

Memphis, Tennessee 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

Oooh, it is now in Honolulu, let's cue some nice Hawaiian music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HYA0lRHUk4

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

Never mind, your item will have plenty of time to recover from its hectic travels while it sits unattended in the corner of some dirty old warehouse in Mascot for around 3 weeks before somebody at Fedex sees fit to finally deliver it. 😞

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

So far (commencing 28th Aug):

California  > Ohio  >  Kentucky  >  Memphis/Tn  >  Honolulu/Hi

so about nine or ten days and still to leave America?

Hmmm

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

So now you know why they call it "Global" shipping. By the time your item get here, it has travelled over most of it. 😉
Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

@cq_electrical wrote:

Never mind, your item will have plenty of time to recover from its hectic travels while it sits unattended in the corner of some dirty old warehouse in Mascot for around 3 weeks before somebody at Fedex sees fit to finally deliver it. 😞

They are more likely to hand it to Australia Post as an e-parcel....AP will then take 10 days or so to tell FedEx that the address is wrong and the parcel will go back to FedEx.  FedEx will then check to find that the address is correct and that AP has been delivering hundreds of parcel to that address for the last 42 years.

FedEx will then deliver it in about 10 days.

Yep, a really fantastic system...not!!!

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

Would seem 'reasonable' progress has been made over the weekend with the package travelling from Honolulu to Alexandria (Syd?) and then to Derrimut (Melb)/Fedex destination facility yesterday.

So why would it still be showing  Estimated delivery : Tues 9/16/2014 by 6:00 pm

??

Destination is other side of Melb (suburbia)....
Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

Because Derrimut is where the parcel can be held for a week or more before moving again...must be really nice there...no parcels want to leave.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

Most parcels prefer to holiday is Alexandria (Sydney)....one of mine spend 3 weeks there before going on a week long round trip with AP who deemed it undeliverable and returned it to Alexandria for a further week before it was finally delivered.  I live about 5 minutes drive from the Alexandria warehouse.

Chezzy, the reason your item will wait for a week before delivery is because Pitney Bowes has only paid FedEx for Economy shipping despite you paying them for Priority shipping.

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

*shaking head*  I have no words actually

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply