I think quite a few sellers are using Covid as an excuse for damn slow dispatch

You know the scenario..  An immediate tracking number but no Aussie post action for a week or so.  We know what that means..   They didn't actually send it.!   Don't get me started on those sellers that say they are in Australia but they aren't.!   Sometimes I can get an item in a few days..   Even within 24hrs for a local seller.   So don't tell me it's all Aussie posts fault..

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Very rarely Australia Post's fault, although they did have a run a while back where they were stressed and short staffed but that was well documented on the news.

Your best bet is to look at the estimated arrival date before you buy and if it is a long way out for a supposed local seller, be suspicious. Move on to another seller.

I rarely get anything in 24 hours but most Australian items reach me within 10 days.

I personally would never accept covid as an excuse for an item not reaching me within a few days of the ETA, I'd just open an ebay claim.

And you have feedback you can give if a seller is too slow to lodge an item at the post office, just be careful what you say and that it doesn't breach any eBay rules.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

You know the scenario, if a seller generates a postage label , eBay automatically mark it as sent

You know before buying if the seller really is in Australia because it tells you on the feedback page where they are registered and their feedback shows if they lie about posting from within Australia 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

There is also the possibility that the item is lodged via a street box, some boxes are not being cleared on schedule by contractors and tracking for these lodgements is far from reliable.

Yesterday posted 4 items over the counter, items unable to be scanned at time of lodgement, checked this morning, 3 show in transit, 1 shows nothing except for label creation, view additional details in my account and valid tracking is evident.

Note:  Just generating a label, no longer protects sellers from ebay shipping defects.  The item must also show a valid tracking event (lodgement) within the sellers handling time, or shipping defects will apply which can affect the sellers status and result in higher ebay fees.

Negative feedback for slow postage at this time will be removed by ebay ,as long as the seller has met their handling time.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Just to add, as per OP,s comment,  yes some items are being delivered unaffected by delays.  But AP is still experiencing considerable delays and at present an overdue enquiry will be met with a message to allow 15 business days  overdue before lodging an enquiury.

Note: this is all covid related info, and nothing to do with the extra flooding delays that have also been announced.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Just to add, as per OP,s comment,  yes some items are being delivered unaffected by delays.  But AP is still experiencing considerable delays and at present an overdue enquiry will be met with a message to allow 15 business days  overdue before lodging an enquiury.

Note: this is all covid related info, and nothing to do with the extra flooding delays that have also been announced.

------------------

For me personally, as a  buyer, if I could see an item had been lodged and was in the postal system and on its way, I wouldn't be doing a panic the minute the ETA passed. I'd definitely give it a bit more time to allow for any delays.

But I can understand commodoregirl being disgruntled because of the big gap between label creation and any indication it had actually been posted. That is a very different thing to a postal delay.

I understand that items not lodged over a counter might not show tracking for a while. It's probably the Russian roulette version of posting. You made a really interesting point about how ebay does not accept label creation, the seller has to show evidence of tracking within their handling period. I didn't realise that.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply