ITEM Location Australia But is actually China What When & How is eBay going to do about these SCAMS?

This Scam is more and more prolific.

I get its hard for ebay to do somthing about these scams and that is just what it is.

If i purchae somthing from China i am prepared to wait the postage time.

When somthing is listed as location Australia then thats just what it should be

Just me alone has had 10 plus items in last 2 months not located in Australia but stated there in Australia.

Go throug and read feedback left from Aussies to these sellers and it really is giviing eBay a bad reputation.

Somthing needs to be done.

But the moster cant be stopped.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ITEM Location Australia But is actually China What When & How is eBay going to do about these SCAMS?

IMO that does not seem to bother them.

They just refund they no its harder for the average eBayer to leave negative feedback.(ebay remove the feedback link you need to go through the feedback forums)

Some Aussie drop sellers do that and successfully but location is still misrepresented. 

LOL Darwin cop it don't they

thanks for the reply I see it peves others.

Cheers

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:
Surely if it says Australia and it's overseas then won't they be expected to deliver in a week not a month? And likely get slammed on postage time.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Unfortunately even with eBay putting rules in place, the site is run on a trust basis with it's members.

And some members (esp Chinese) have no respect for rules.

Each listing has a report link with a specific one for misrepresenting item location.

All you can do is report and keep doing what you do by checking feedback for warnings.

Also be advised that many Chinese sellers list their location as being Darwin.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Like many Aussie sellers I loathe those who mispresent their location.

Recently I did a search for my own items with an Australian location to see where they ranked, and discovered some random shop flooding my category whose location was listed as "Jaipur/India, Australia".

Seriously.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Surely if it says Australia and it's overseas then won't they be expected to deliver in a week not a month? And likely get slammed on postage time.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@cushioncovers wrote:

"Jaipur/India, Australia".

A lot of Chinese sellers used to do that as well - eg, Hong Kong, NSW. 

I kinda miss them doing that - if nothing else, at least they were 50% more honest, and even though they were assuredly being found in searches they shouldn't be, anyone who saw a location like that would immediately know that the item would be coming from outside Aus.

Not that I'm saying either practice is acceptable, more that I preferred it when the dishonest practices were more detectable. eBay made it a lot more difficult to do that, perhaps ironically by trying to stop sellers from using fake or foreign names if they said their items were located in Australia, by auto-assigning suburb location according to postcodes that were entered, but when that was introduced, more and more started just entering valid postcodes (anyone coulda seen that coming TBH, so who knows what eBay thought would happen). 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I doubt it. The Chinese are immune from everything, regardless of their stated location. They are untouchable.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Rmour has it the Chinese have created a new suburb just outside Shanghai and called the suburb "Darwin".

Hence stating an item's location as "Darwin" would seem acceptable?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

IMO that does not seem to bother them.

They just refund they no its harder for the average eBayer to leave negative feedback.(ebay remove the feedback link you need to go through the feedback forums)

Some Aussie drop sellers do that and successfully but location is still misrepresented. 

LOL Darwin cop it don't they

thanks for the reply I see it peves others.

Cheers

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply