If your parcel hasn't arrived don't blame the Chinese

For those of you who are waiting on International parcels, thought I would just pass my latest experience on.

Purchased an item from China on May 27,  arrived in Australia June 14, delivered October 7.

This is only one of the items I have purchased from China, seems they can take anywhere from 3 to 5 months (or longer) to arrive, sitting most of the time somewhere on a wharf in Australia.   Australia Post is touted to be responsible for all incoming mail, but don't waste your time calling them, as they claim no knowledge or responsibility.

I received another parcel after being 3 months in Australia, but still no sign of the one that landed here on May 20.

I have not claimed "item not received" on any of these, as they are low cost items and I consider it unfair to the Seller seeing as they have been tracked as arrived in Australia. I can't leave feedback either, but have let the Seller know that the item has been received and thanked them.

I stopped making international purchases some time ago, and also try to make national purchases as close to home as possible.  Australia Post's delivery service is pathetic. With mail only being delivered every second day, and many parcels coming with the postman, every second week we get two deliveries, sometimes only one, because the postman took a day off.

Many years ago it only took one day to get a letter from Brisbane to Melbourne, the Postal Service just gets progressively worse while prices continue to rise.  I guess future generations will be getting a mail delivery once a month, if at all.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: If your parcel hasn't arrived don't blame the Chinese

The word is DIDN"T not DID'NT

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

@halfgweilo wrote:

Why did you reply to Sugar when it was Sandy that had the spelling error?

For the record, it's DIDN'T, not DIDN"T. Only one apostrophe, not two. If you're going to call someone out on spelling, make sure you don't then look silly by spelling it wrong yourself.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

@*sons_n_daughters* wrote:

@halfgweilo wrote:

Why did you reply to Sugar when it was Sandy that had the spelling error?

For the record, it's DIDN'T, not DIDN"T. Only one apostrophe, not two. If you're going to call someone out on spelling, make sure you don't then look silly by spelling it wrong yourself.

They chose me because they dont like that I give straight answers to people,  

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

At least they yelled their valuable advice to the person who posted complaining that they buy from dodgy  sellers in China and then don't get the items from said dodgy sellers in China 

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

Very good eyesight indeed..  Now at least you know the correct spelling of DIDN'T and DON'T .... Cheers

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

@halfgweilo wrote:

Very good eyesight indeed..  Now at least you know the correct spelling of DIDN'T and DON'T .... Cheers

I wear glasses actually.  And not hearing aids so no need to yell

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

@halfgweilo wrote:

Once again, you've replied to the wrong person. I already knew the correct spelling. Seems you didn't. I'm not the one with egg on my face.

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

@jimb549 wrote:

I have had to cancel my last 4 orders from ebay delivered from china,got my money back.

I am glad you got your money back, that is the main thing.

It is ironic as this (old) thread is about not blaming the Chinese if your parcel hasn't arrived. But that was back in Covid days & in your present case, you can blame those sellers.

I had a look at your feedback & unfortunately, some of your recent purchases didn't work out well.

Here's what i would suggest.

1. Check a seller's feedback before you buy. Especially read the negatives. See if there is a trend. If there are a lot of complaints about the quality or about delivery problems, don't buy from them. Doesn't matter if they are in Australia or China, don't buy from them. But keep in mind that if you have a problem with an item, if you bought it from an overseas seller, the return process may be more complicated.

2. Always open an ebay claim if you have problems. Never rely on a seller who says they will send a replacement. Insist on a full refund.  Be aware though that if you are opening claims on a regular basis, the time might come when your account will be flagged. I don't know for sure how the system works but I think you could lose some credibility. In any case, you want to avoid problems in the first place so always check out #1.

3. I see you struck a problem with a warranty. The information you were given by karcher is exactly right. Unless a seller is an authorised distributor, there is no such thing as a warranty, no matter what the ad says. That goes for Karcher and any other product. Yes, it is very misleading & lots of people fall for it, but keep it in mind before you buy expensive things on ebay. Also, the seller you bought that item from is now unregistered. If it was a Chinese seller, it is perfectly possible the item was a fake. There's a lot of fake stuff on ebay. So buy carefully.

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply