International Postage - Covid

It arrived! Today my Fedex parcel from Italy showed up. It took nine days. It was sent Priority (normally 3 days to a major city, which I'm not) but I figured it would take months. I just *fingers*and*toes* and hoped for the best. Undamaged. I did take extra precautions opening it, though. 'Did so outside, washed my hands several times during unwrapping and after (took me 15 minutes to open it, it was so well protected - LOL!!!). Just what I wanted.

Earlier this week, a USPS parcel from America arrived. That was sent International Express (3-6 days) but it took three weeks. Still, everything was okay and I was told that the Covid virus doesn't live on cardboard longer than a few hours. I did use gloves to open that one. The item isn't made of cardboard though so I'm not sure if the virus is present on my present. Mmm..

I should have insured the items but I didn't. I was lucky. These are my first overseas orders since April last year. By Christmas I was done with this pandemic and wasn't going to wait forever to trust the postal services again, so I took a risk and thankfully it paid off. ๐Ÿ™‚

Have you bought anything overseas during Coronavirus? How did you fair? If not, when will you feel comfortable to start buying again? Once everyone is vaccinated or a year or two down the line when this virus is (hopefully) well and truly stamped out? Or have you become used to buying from Australian sellers since this all began and won't bother buying overseas again? Have you always bought from Australian sellers perhaps?

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

International Postage - Covid