Is anyone else sick and tired of all the fake listings?

Two main types that I see :

-Item is obviously not in Australia judging from the shipping time and the fact that the seller is located overseas, but the listing claims to be in Australia anyway. Some sellers even put the Aus Post logo in the listing to try and appear to be legitimate.

-Seller lists a high priced item (e.g. for $50) and includes a second junk item in the listing (e.g. for $2). Most buyers search for items with the lowest price, so the junk item causes their $50 listing to appear at the bottom.

And for some reason most of the fake "In Australia" listings are listed as click and collect when they have no click and collect location listed....

Trying to buy a simple USB hub and im getting nothing but page after page of fake listings...

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Is anyone else sick and tired of all the fake listings?

Been that way for as long as I can remember

And as you can see by the amount of threads on the same issues, many many people are sick of it

Have you reported some of the items the items?

As for your other question, personally, before I buy anything, I look where the seller is registered. If they claim to be sending from Australia but they are registered in China, Hong Kong or wherever and they have pages of neg feedback saying the item was sent from there then I do not give them my money 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@jun_watarase wrote:

And for some reason most of the fake "In Australia" listings are listed as click and collect when they have no click and collect location listed....

The Click and Collect stores only appear when you have purchased the item and go through Checkout.  How else would your location be known?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

If you can be brand specific it makes searches easier as you weed out the generic chinese listings.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Well you could enter your post code and see which click and collect stores are available...why would i want to go through the purchase process without knowing if the click and collect options are close enough for me?
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

The click and collect stores will be the nearest Woolworths or BigW to your location.  Do you know where they are?

As far as I know the options only become available after you have committed to buy the item.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@jun_watarase wrote:
Well you could enter your post code and see which click and collect stores are available...why would i want to go through the purchase process without knowing if the click and collect options are close enough for me?

Maybe to determine if the click and collect options are close enough for you.

If you go through checkout you get all the information. Until you commit to pay, you don't buy, so you can bail out if the C&C doesn't work for you. Or get it delivered to your home, or a FREE Australia Post parcel locker, or your next door neighbour, or.....

Do you expect eBay to automatically assume that your registered address is still your current address? There are many validated instances of buyers moving but not bothering to change their details. Not you, of course. If you decide to send to somebody who is not you, as people do, how else would you know?

I realise having to go through a few mouse clicks is an imposition on you and a huge waste of your time, but that's the way it is at the moment.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply