Is it possible that eBay is filtering searches ...

There is an item that is not coming up in my search. I saw it yesterday, and it's been for sale for a while at a buy it now price. It has not been sold or ended either as I did searches for that also. My search criteria are correct for this particular item also and I've even tried it various ways by widening my searches in various ways in the advanced search section. It's not the first time this has happened either when I go back to look for an item. 

Granted, I should have put it in my watch list at the time, but for one reason or another, I forgot to. Can't go back into my history in my browser either as that was recently cleared. 

It just leaves me with an uneasy feeling that searches are being filtered or prioritised to completely omit some items in some way shape or form ... call me suspicious lol ... anyone else had this happen? 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

They would'nt still be under 'recently viewed items' on the very left of your eBay would they?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

yes it is possible

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2019/9/1569100007.html

what are your search criteria? maybe we can have a look. I think if a seller has been deregistered, nothing shows....someone else might know of 'disappearing items'
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I see. The search criteria is Adidas BB leggings. They are exactly like the ones in the photo I attach, but in the item I am looking for they are located in Australia and have pictures where they were layed out on a bed (or similar). New, no tags. 

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

I got nothing....could they have changed the title?  What size? Colour?

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

They would'nt still be under 'recently viewed items' on the very left of your eBay would they?

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Have you tried Googling item? It might show up as an ebay listing there
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Ah ha! They came up in my recently viewed items. Thanks so much for that, That's something I had not even noticed on the side there, enigmabear.  

All good, thanks all for your help. 

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

please enlighten us with an item number......
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

You are most welcome indeed Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

This has been happening for years before promoted listings began. I'm sure a lot more items would sell if ebay would let people see them, which means ebay wouldn't need to play all these stupid games!
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply