Is it safe to make an EBay purchase when there is no place on the page to ask or contact seller?

I haven’t used Ebay an awful lot. Are sellers supposed to have a contact area of any sort to ask a question or contact them at all? Im a bit worried about buying when no contact or feedback details are displayed!

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Is it safe to make an EBay purchase when there is no place on the page to ask or contact seller?

I did not get a chance to bid....I was already blocked before I tried to contact the seller.

No great problem....I later found the item 25% cheaper and the seller was happy to send to my MIL in Canada even though he normally only sent within the USA.  I had been going to send it to BIL in Seattle WA when the first seller did not post outside the USA.

This was all well before the GSP.

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Re: Is it safe to make an EBay purchase when there is no place on the page to ask or contact seller?

Than you for replying. There’s no seller number that I can see or any visible, ..seller details or links. Selling price is displayed in AUD but that’s it. The actual sound system has some terrible reviews so I’m thinking of not getting it after all, I was planning on contacting the seller to ask about the rear port system for speaker putting my own speakers in but am unable to even ask the question.

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

Thanks for replying. There is no number or link that I can see. I just had a question about the item re back ports for speakers before I bought it. I’ve subsequently read lots of very bad reviews about the actual sound system so perhaps I’ll leave it for now.
Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

Than you for your reply. There is no number or link at all that I can see. I just had a query about the rear of the sound system about speaker ports.
Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

Thank you for that. There is no number or links or any window to click on to make contact. I just wanted to ask a question about the product.
Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

Thanks for that, there is no link or number of any shirt or feedback window. Shall just leave it as if I can’t even ask a query, I’d be up the creek if I needed to make any contact re returns or any thing.
Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

On the item's listing page you should see this near the top RHS :-

Capture.PNG

And furthur down on the RHS :-

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

Thank you for that. No there’s no blocks on my account, I have no problems with transactions. There is no number or link so I think I’ll just leave it.
Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

Thanks for that. I’ve never had any bother with transactions so not sure why I’d be blocked. I just had a query about the unit before I buy that’s all. No link or number doesn’t fill me with confidence to proceed.
Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

There has to be an item number on an ebay listing......how else can ebay know when an item has been sold.

There also has to be a link to contact the seller......have you looked at the seller's Profile page?

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply