Is there a way that I can create a personal "blacklist" of sellers that I don't want to deal with?

I would like to create a personal list of sellers that have done the wrong thing by me in the past so that i don't accidently buy from them again. Is this possible? Ther have been a few sellers tht hve not delivered or have sold me por quality items. It would be handy if I accidentally tried to bid on an item they were selling if a warning could pop up advising me that this seller is on my "blacklist". If not, is there any other easy wayto stop me accidentally making the same mistake twice? Thanks

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Is there a way that I can create a personal "blacklist" of sellers that I don't want to deal with?

@nicklecrack wrote:

I would like to create a personal list of sellers that have done the wrong thing by me in the past so that i don't accidently buy from them again. Is this possible? Ther have been a few sellers tht hve not delivered or have sold me por quality items. It would be handy if I accidentally tried to bid on an item they were selling if a warning could pop up advising me that this seller is on my "blacklist". If not, is there any other easy wayto stop me accidentally making the same mistake twice? Thanks

You could keep a 'little black book'.

Or simply go by your feedback on past sellers.

No way to have a warning pop up for sellers.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

There was a thread about blocking sellers from searches a while ago. It was answered. If you do some searching you will find it. If memory serves it was in the selling forum but my memory is not what it once was
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

If the experience was poor for you, it probably was for them also.

Sellers can block buyers and if there was an issue, I imagine that the seller(s) involved would be all over it.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Take a look at this thread for some info on excluding certain sellers from your search results (credit goes to bsal who provided the information in another thread).  Just do the search for items you normally buy and use this method, then save the search so you don't have to input the seller IDs every time you conduct a search.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Feedback-for-Buyers/m-p/1565597#M47109

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks mate,

That is a great tip.

Too bad there is not a way that I can just "block" specific sellers from my whole ebay experience. I am very often searching for the same sort of things (eg car parts, camping gear). When I get burnt by a seller that does not deliver or sends me low quality items I would like to be able to just delete them once and for all from "MY" ebay world.

In much the same way that if I ever bought something from a shop and got bad service I can just choose never to go back and "delete" them from my list of places I deal with.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

If it's in a saved search, you can also do this........  holden car parts, -the sellers you dont want

note, no space between the - and the seller's name.

"edit" I'm not sure though if a seller changes ID if it still works....... 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply