Is there any way advertisers can stop advertising an item which is no longer available

Just getting fed up with a seller who has an item advertised multiple times yet the items is no longer available and they do not expect it to come back.  Can they be stopped somehow? - Yes I know stop clicking on the picture but  that does seem to be close to fraudulent advertising - a waste of my time as the item is something I would like.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Is there any way advertisers can stop advertising an item which is no longer available

what is the item number?
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

While it may be annoying, wanting an item that is not available is pointless. Look for another seller.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Ok I must have missed something,  if they have zero quantity the ad stops appearing,  well mine do, no one see's it once they get to zero.   I'm confused

@rivergumtango wrote:

Just getting fed up with a seller who has an item advertised multiple times yet the items is no longer available and they do not expect it to come back.  Can they be stopped somehow? - Yes I know stop clicking on the picture but  that does seem to be close to fraudulent advertising - a waste of my time as the item is something I would like.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Are you clicking on the listing in your Watch List or when it comes up in a general search?

Is there a yellow banner message at the top of the page saying the item is out of stock?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply