Is there any way of finding which suppliers offer actual MPPT units?

G'day

This is my first time on the forum and I came here looking for answers to my problem of trying to buy an actual MPPT controller only to find it is an ongoing problem with no answer. I have been told that MPPT controllers can be bought on ebay but all of the ones that I have purchased so far are just PWM with the wrong label.

The analogy is like ordering a bottle of fine wine and getting a bottle of cooking vinegar.

Asking around has resulted in the best answer so far is to shop elsewhere with several sites recommended.

Sad that ebay has let this happen.

Regards

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

https://www.solaronline.com.au/solar-regulators/mppt.html

You can buy them here, online, in Australia.  😊

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thankyou for the advice, however as a regular customer, my concern is that if ebay are not managing listing accuracy for MPPT controllers, what other items are being misrepresented. Despite the promise, returning items can be a time consuming hassle.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

The only way eBay can manage violations of listing policies, is if buyers report them. 
Otherwise, how would eBay know? 

Always do your research before buying. Where is the seller located, is my first port of call. For me, must be in Australia! 
If the sellers feedback isn’t above 98%, I don’t buy from them. I ALWAYS read their feedback from other buyers, especially look for negs and neutrals of course, but you would know this.

Personally, if you want good quality MPPT controller then don’t buy off eBay.  That’s my advice.  😊

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@brocklehurst_au wrote:

I have been told that MPPT controllers can be bought on ebay but all of the ones that I have purchased so far are just PWM with the wrong label.

Asking around has resulted in the best answer so far is to shop elsewhere with several sites recommended.

Sad that ebay has let this happen.

-----------------------

Ebay is better for some things than others.

Anything that is electrical, electronic , an exclusive brand or needing a warranty, you have to be a bit careful with.

As Jane said, if you're after MPPT controllers (or any of the above really), firstly make sure you're not buying from an overseas seller.

And even if it is an Australian seller, for some of those things you might be better off buying from an established retailer, one that has a good reputation and real stores as well as an ebay presence.

For example, if you were after an expensive  camera, Ted's cameras sells on ebay and I'd guess their items would likely be genuine and not knock offs. I don't know about MPPT controllers but same principle. Find a reputable store.

I don't know that this is an area where ebay has gone downhill, it's never been the ideal site for some things and MPPT controllers sound as if they might be in that category.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply