Is there anything I can do if a seller fails to honour a 12months warranty ??

Hello,

I purchase a ‘trail camera’  that came with a 12 month warranty and the camera has stopped working after just 6 months, it had been used for only a few weeks prior and the seller refuses to answer any of my messages ?! I did receive one reply asking what was wrong of which I replied outlining the problem along with a couple of picture and now nothing ?? I’ve tried several times since to contact the seller but they never reply even offering a video showing the problem and or to return the camera for the person to claim on the warranty through their supplier but still nothing ??

Is there anything I can do to get the seller to reply and to honour the 12 month warranty as if you offer it you should be held to it ?? If anyone has any suggestions on what I can do it will be very much appreciated !?

Fingers crossed that I can get a result or it’s $80 down the drain or thrown in the rubbish !?

’Thanks’ in advance and regards,

Mick...

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Is there anything I can do if a seller fails to honour a 12months warranty ??

‘No’ I’m not joking !! There is a difference between leaving ‘feedback’ and a ‘review’ of a product !! I tried several times to name and shame the seller I dealt with and received a message that my review went against ebays ‘name and shame policy’ !? I’m only going by what I received from eBay !? How is my review going to end up on another sellers page as a review of their product ?? The camera was junk and I’m intitled to have my say just like anybody else !! 

Message 31 of 34
Latest reply

Re: Is there anything I can do if a seller fails to honour a 12months warranty ??

I suggest you have a look at the listings for that camera from other sellers.

I think you will find that ebay has put the reviews on all of the listings.

There have been several sellers come to the boards since reviews were introduced complaining that there were very negative reviews on their listings from buyers who had never dealt with them.

Yes, ebay does not allow you to name and shame.....the way to give your opinion of the seller and the transaction is via feedback which can be negative.   If you have already left good feedback before encountering a problem you can always leave a followup feedback.

A review is meant to be for the item only and should not mention the transaction or seller.

Message 32 of 34
Latest reply

I suggest you quote facts and no ‘think’ before you give advice !? I have already looked and found the camera offered from other sellers and there is nothing showing that a review has been left for the cameras on there sales page !! The camera is offered as ‘unbranded’ so with that there is no way my review can follow this camera to anyone else’s offerings !! 

I have already left follow up feedback but that has shown that it will not be seen by anyone looking at the feedback on the camera as it doesn’t bring it back to the top of their feedback list so it’s nothing more than a ‘paper tiger’ !! The review I left is only about the camera I purchased and doesn’t mention the seller at all so that should be all good then !?

Message 33 of 34
Latest reply

I've purchased a few trail cameras in the past, and the bottom line is that you're not going to get a decent one unless you pay upwards of $250.00 for one.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 34 of 34
Latest reply