Is this allowed?

I sometimes click on an item for sale at what looks like a good price, only to have the price jump up when I go to select it?

Turns out the price was only for the bag or something! Seems like a trick to get you in.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Is this allowed?

Is this allowed?

That feature is designed to be for variations or accessories for the main item.

But it's misused by many Asian sellers.

I skip all listings that have a price range. eg  2.00 - 65.00

image host
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Is this allowed?

Yes they might have, say, 10 items at the more expensive price, and just one at the cheap one. And the cheap one is not even mentioned in the item description! I don't like that, so if it's possible to get it from another seller who doesn't use t hat trick, I will do that.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Is this allowed?

Yes that must be it

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Is this allowed?

Yet another example of whereby eBay pampers and allows dishonest sellers to corrupt the selling process.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Is this allowed?

When I see all those variable prices listings for bed linen you can be sure the cheapest price is for a pillowcase....even if it isn't mentioned in the listing title (and probably out of stock in the colour you want).

My pet dislike at the moment is for long wordy titles that take in just about everything they sell (I got caught out on a range of stationery) and you have to figure out which part of the description applies to what you are interested in.  Chinese sellers who have got hold of an English dictionary maybe? LOL

Here's an example:

100Pcs Vintage Scrapbooking Photo Album Diary Decor Paper DIY Stickers Present

I had hoped they were stickers but they were tiny cards (which I liked but stickers wjould have been more convenient)  Aside from NOT being stickers they were also not photo album, diary, decor paper, and probably a bit cheap to be a present. ๐Ÿ™‚  To add insult to injury when you read further in the listing they are described as paper stickers.  I can confirm they were not.

Luckily with craft stuff I will find a use for them.....even if I have to glue them myself. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Is this allowed?

You can report listings for keyword spamming.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Is this allowed?

Taking a leaf from YOUR book -

This thread is FIVE months old! Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Is this allowed?

Only 5 months?  Meh.

That's still pretty current compared to the old posts that get some people quite rabid.

Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply