Is this normal practice?

jsyl8789
Community Member

Do sellers usually refuse to deal with good buyers who have to give a neutral comment due to overdue delivery?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Is this normal practice?

Anything less than 5 stars and a positive is damaging to a seller and some will block buyers for this, especially if the neutral was for delivery which the seller has no control over. You should also be aware that the time frame for delivery stated by Ebay is often just a fantasy and should not be taken literally.

If the seller posted the item quickly, but Auspost and especially couriers took their time with delivering it you should not blame the seller.

Latest reply

Is this normal practice?

I can understand that, but repeated messages to find out more info re delivery were ignored and others were apparently having the same issue. Surely an answer to explain the reason could be expected.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Is this normal practice?

Looking at this particular seller, it seems they post when they

get around to it and no sooner.

Judging by the negs and neutrals slow post is not due to AP being slow

Not all sellers are like this, but lesson learned - maybe check feedback

before buying in future

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Is this normal practice?

I don't mind if a seller is slow posting an item as there could be any amount of reasons. It's the lack of communication that's the problem. A buyer can't read a seller's mind after all. Plus I don't see that it's fair to penalise me. I never gave negative feedback in case it was a problem for them. They sell good value products and had not been slow in posting to me before.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Is this normal practice?

Hi, its your right to leave feedback of your choice and its their right to choose who can / cant buy their products.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Is this normal practice?

some sellers are not great sellers and get repeat complaints for good reason. This however cannot be generalised into 'do sellers usually.?.' Only thing it means is this seller usually does this.

Given the way the ebay system is now awarding sellers defects for the slightest things, other sellers are trigger happy about putting buyers onto blocked lists "just in case'

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Is this normal practice?

@jsyl8789 wrote:

I don't mind if a seller is slow posting an item as there could be any amount of reasons. It's the lack of communication that's the problem. A buyer can't read a seller's mind after all. Plus I don't see that it's fair to penalise me. I never gave negative feedback in case it was a problem for them. They sell good value products and had not been slow in posting to me before.

If you are saying you left a neut for this seller and are now on their blocked list, then i would say that is normal. You can also now add to that list any buyers who open an item nor received/as described case as a first course of action when there is a problem. Leaving DSR3 or less can also see you on the list.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Is this normal practice?

I haven't looked at the sellers history but I kind of understand why they would block you having left a neutral. As soon as you leave a neutral you automatically give the seller a defect, which can affect their selling ability if they rack up too many. Why would they risk dealing with you again and cop another defect?

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Is this normal practice?

If you are in such a hurry to recieve your purchase is probably a good idea to let the seller know this at checkout and pay a bit extra for express delivery.
Then you will have your parcel quickly and the seller will know you are in a hurry for it and won't be so tardy getting the parcel out to you. Is only about $3 more and you will save yourself and seller unnecess a ry stress.
I waited 45 days for a parcel from China but did I leave bad feedback no I did not .
Because I know the harm it can do to a seller
Half the time sellers don't even see messages they get bombarded with more than they can read
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply