It clearly states on add they supply parts .They don't have any parts

I have messaged them about parts for the lawn mowers they sell . They quicly replyed YES WE DO HAVE ALL PARTS (Because they were thinking i was about to purchase one) when i emailed back with what i wanted ,NO RESPONSE . Its because they dont stock parts or cannot source them either . They have to be accounted for and state on there item add or listing for the self prpelled mowers  that there is NO PARTS AVAIABLE . Easy .not rocket science . The mower its self is great except for the drive wheels are very week and the drive sprokets are made of plastic. In summary all i required is new drive wheels .DONT EXPECT ANY PARTS FOR THIS MOWER BECAUSE THERE ARN'T ANY    

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Maybe the seller thought you wanted them to supply the parts for free.

Did you make it clear that you wanted to buy the parts for a mower that you already owned?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

How do you know that they don't stock parts?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Having had close contact with the cheap import industry, I will tell you how most of the sellers work. When a container or a sellers minimum quantity is purchased from the Chinese or similar supplier, they usually include a few extra of the item in question, as freebies, just to cover any warranty or spare parts issues that might arise. If and when all of these are butchered for parts, or used as a replacement under warranty, the seller is on their own, and left to fob the buyer off best way they can. This usually ends up with misfitting parts from other known brands being modified to try and get the junk item going again, as by this time, the manufacturer has changed production of the earlier model, and the new type parts won't fit. The moral of this story is to buy a brand name from a B&M store that has been around for a while, and you can buy parts in years to come, if needed.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

How can you tell it's a cheap import?Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Because any of the decent known brands have their dealer networks where the customer can buy parts from.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply