Seller won't refund for item that was incorrectly listed

The seller listed the item as Samsung Galaxy s duos and I bought it using Paypal. When I received it, it turned out to be the Samsung Galaxy y duos. So I emailed the seller asking for  a refund if I returned the item and this is his reply:

'Hi look im sorry but you had plenty of time to double check the product prior to purchasing and the ad did say no returns so im sorry there will be no refund.'

His listing here

Even if you have enough time to look at the ad how are you suppose to tell apart a samsung s duos and samsung y duos? I relied on his listing which he is responsible for.

How can I resolve this? Through Paypal?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

IMO,  I would open an Item not as Described Dispute. 

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

I agree with Hrizon on this one. Open a PayPal dispute immediately. The seller claiming they have a no returns policy is rubbish. All sellers must accept returns if deemed appropriate by paypal.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

The title of the listing should be accurate, and it wasn't. Especially for mobile phones.. the model number is very important.

how are you supposed to tell apart a samsung s duos and samsung y duos... I looked at the photos and the description and there is no way you could tell the phone was not the one listed in the title. The last photo of the phone is a fuzzy photo, hard to see any details.

I agree with the others, Paypal dispute and don't let the seller fob you off with any other excuses or delays.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member

Jennifer, once Paypal have refunded your money and you've returned the phone, make sure you leave some well deserved negative feedback and also score his item Description DSRs accordingly. This will drop his feedback to 90% and make him regret not having done the right thing straight away and without argument, in which case he'd probably still be sitting on 100%. If that doesn't teach him a valuable lesson, nothing will.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

My goodness, I would be furious.

The item description has to be accurate.

It is not up to a buyer to have to contact sellers and ask, " Excuse me, but that Galaxy S duos you have advertised, is it a Galaxy S duos?"

He got the model number wrong. He made a mistake on his listing.

Don't mess around, you have already contacted him. Don't bother with him again, he has had his chance.

Make your paypal claim immediately.

Set your case out clearly.

Give the seller a red dot. With a factual reason eg Phone was not a Galaxy S duos as advertised but seller refused to refund.

Give him one star for item as described.

In all honesty, he probably won't care though as he has a really low score anyway and it looks as if he is just starting out with selling.

Somewhere along the line he has picked up the idea that if the ad says no refunds, that covers it.

But it doesn't, not for items which are incorrectly described.

To be honest, about half the complaints I read about on here are about phones. If there is something not to buy on ebay, I reckon that would have to be it.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

I'm just looking at my husbands old Galaxy Duos and there is nothing on the outside (or inside under the battery) of the phone that says whether it's an S or a Y. What the seller should have done was taken a photo of the start up screen because that's where it tells you what it is (in my husbands case, it was a Y).

As the others said, immediately open an item not as described case. Don't return the phone until PayPal tells you to, using the address they give you. If you send it to any other address, you lose your protection. I would also neg the seller and trash his stars.

Good luck!

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Thank you all for your advice! I sent him an email yesterday letting him know that I will dispute this through paypal as a last warning but got no reply. So I just filed a dispute through paypal and now waiting to see what happens.

Thanks again!

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

So unfeelingSmiley LOL

So far.
Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Go away.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply