It seems that eBay are not interested in the buyer, only the seller, because they wouldn't help me!

Seems as though eBay are only interested in making money by helping the seller and not the buyer as they wouldn't help me get satisfaction from of their  'e-shop-ex'  sellers who advertise  "NEW AND UNUSED 4.4 kVa GENERATOR"  which includes accessories such as tools, keys, remote control, manual etc.  

However, when the item arrived the box had clearly been opened previously and only contained a generator but nothing else, not even wheels - there is obviously a problem.  So I advised  e-shop-ex  seller and asked for the missing items (more than once) and finally received some second hand tool items and two well used and different coloured wheels from the  e-shop seller but no remote control unit.  

The  e-shop-ex  seller clearly state:  

"Featuring a remote electric start function and a streamlined body with wheels, maximum convenience is at your finger tips to start or shut down the generator remotely and move it where you need it."   

Yet after many requests, the e-shop seller still have not supplied me with a remote control unit seven months after I purchased the item.  

Perhaps they think that by ignoring me I'll go away.  I wont.  

Has anyone else had such a problem with this eBay seller or item?  

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

It seems that eBay are not interested in the buyer, only the seller, because they wouldn't help me!

cq_tech
Community Member
Unfortunately you've left it far too long for eBay to do anything about your issue with this seller, but if they're a registered business it might be worth complaining to the Dept of Fair Trading about them.

If you'd lodged a complaint with Paypal within 45 days of the sale date, you would have had recourse through Paypal for Item Not As Described but once their buyer protection expired you're essentially on your own as far as eBay and Paypal are concerned.

It's a pity you didn't check your seller's feedback before buying from him because it's pretty bad, as are his DSRs. Most complaints are similar to yours as it happens, but if it's any consolation, with eBay's new defect system now in play, I don't think he'll be trading much longer before he gets the boot.
Message 2 of 2
Latest reply