Item Never Arrived/no refund, eBay ruled in seller favour

I bought three items from one seller, who as per my request, packaged them together, on the 26th of October 2021.

The parcel displays as 'in transit' as of writing this (28th January, 2022) and obviously it never arrived.

I am located in Australia but have a US forwarding address, and they assured me they did not receive it either.

I allowed some leniency with the expected arrival date as I know shipping is very slow at the moment, and unfortunately got into a major car accident in the interim, so between that and Christmas, I have only just had the time to raise the question as to where exactly my parcel is? I would prefer the items to a refund, but anything is better than nothing.

The seller has no idea where the parcel went, and asked eBay to step in, and they ruled in their favour, which I feel is very unfair? I appealed it and they upheld the decision in less than a minute, which makes me think they didn't even have a human look over it? 

Because of this I am out $150+, which is not a sum I can afford to lose unfortunately. I am on disability and every cent counts, let alone an amount like that.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

What was eBay's final ETA of the parcel ?

If you were trying to claim after 30 days past that ETA then the dispute will always be closed in the seller's favor.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

where is the item coming from and who is the carrier?

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If you paid with PayPal, open a dispute there for item not received. If you paid with your credit card, initiate a chargeback through them. Try PayPal first though. You have 180 days from purchase date to open a dispute there. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply