Item Returned to seller lost by Aus Post

Hi everyone,

I recently returned something I purchased from eBay on Tuesday, 15th September and usually Aus Post returns within 3 business days however this time its saying "Its being prepared" still even though its been 2 weeks now. I'm wondering what I can do about this?

The tracking number is 7H73153051010221.

1) I've messaged the seller to confirm whether they have recieded it and they have advised they havent yet. They have told me to contact eBay customer support for futher help.

2) I contacted eBay customer support for futher help and was advised to contact Australia Post since there is not much they can do about this in the case of tracking.

3) I contacted Australia Post and they said for me to just contact the seller and see whether they have recieved it yet or not, there is not much else they can do about it.

It feels like I'm going in a circle and honestly not sure what to do. 

Cheers.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It's AP's problem not eBay's. Did you lodge it over the counter at an AP outlet, or just post it in a letter box ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

How did you lodge it?

I seems from what you've written that you didn't lodge it over the counter, but chucked it in a red box. That is not prudent, as it is not unknown for the first scan after lodgement to be on delivery.

3 days?

Very little is getting anywhere in 3 days, and hasn't for months.

Where are you located? Where is the seller? If either of you are in Melbourne, then 2 weeks is not a long time for delivery.

As you have no proof, apparently, that you posted it, you will have to wait a while to see if it appears in AP's system.

Edit: G'day padi

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Aust Post delays have reached an all time high IMO.  I've got parcels from overseas, interstate and local that once they get to AP all movement stops....no matter what the tracking tells you.

I am particualry cheesed off about a parcel that was received by AP at Scoresby on 03 Sep.  Since then it has moved to two 'facilities' the last one on 22 Sep where it said 'Item processed at facility' - which is what it said at the previous one.  It hasn't moved since....and I am in Melbourne so it is not as though it has far to travel.   It's nearly the end of Sep and still no sign of it.

You may be waiting much  longer than you think for something to happen with parcels ATM.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I had lodged it over the counter at my local outlet.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I had lodged it over the counter at my local outlet as I always do with all my returns. And I had purchased a phone from the same seller to which it was returned just under 2 business days considering they are located in Parramatta, NSW, and I'm in Penrith.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Then why don't you have a lodgement receipt?

Being prepared means it hasn't been scanned at lodgement. Did you actually get a receipt? If so, chase AP up. If not, chase AP up.

'All my returns' sets off all sorts of alarms.

And why are you continually buying things and returning them? From the same sellers?

Do you consider it a cost-neutral exercise? It might be from your point of view, but it certainly isn't for a seller.

Good thing you won't be buying from me.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I do have a lodgement receipt however it only has the return tracking number on it so its not much use however I am waiting on AP to see if they can do anything else to assist me.

And these two items were bought from the eBay 21 birthday special deals so I really wanted to enjoy them however due to personal preference, being not fast enough, I decided to return them as per eBay change of mind policy.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

The return tracking number is surely the one you want, given it is the one that relates to the return. Do you actually understand how postage works?

I fail to understand your issue. The original tracking number failed to be relevant at the point the item was delivered to you.

And eBay 's COM return policy fails to take into account that eBay aren't paying a cent towards your refunds.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply