Item delivered before I even ordered it?

charsh1452
Community Member

I ordered an item today (january 12 2021) but the item tracking says it was delivered to me in novemeber last year??

How is that even possible? i ordered in 2021 and ebay says it was delivered last year... any idea what i should do about this?

A buyer review has also already been left on my account despite me not even recieving the order yet, it has not even been a day since i ordered it?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@charsh1452 wrote:

I ordered an item today (january 12 2021) but the item tracking says it was delivered to me in novemeber last year??

How is that even possible? i ordered in 2021 and ebay says it was delivered last year... any idea what i should do about this?

Hi, sounds strange.

Have you been given the correct tracking number? What area / address does the tracking state is the delivery destination. Is it yours?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

HI, the tracking number when entered seperatly says that the item has not made any progress at all, whihc is what i would expect as i have only ordered yesterday however when you look at shipping details through ebay it syays it has been delivered through bloody time travel into last year hahah.

my delivery address is correct and the tracking number when entered seperatly makes snese however when viewing through ebay is where the problem is found. I have no idea what has happened and am hoping the seller can get back to me ASAP.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@charsh1452 wrote:

HI, the tracking number when entered seperatly says that the item has not made any progress at all, whihc is what i would expect as i have only ordered yesterday however when you look at shipping details through ebay it syays it has been delivered through bloody time travel into last year hahah.

my delivery address is correct and the tracking number when entered seperatly makes snese however when viewing through ebay is where the problem is found. I have no idea what has happened and am hoping the seller can get back to me ASAP.

That is weird. Well at least now you're getting sense from the tracking number. I can't explain the other part about last year. Is this an item where a seller sells multiples of the same? Regardless of that, there shouldn't be anything like you described with the "last year" thing.

Go with the tracking number and I see you've contacted the seller which is good. Please ask the seller to let you know when the item is in the post as well.  Hopefully it will all work out well for you. Good luck.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

mojan-2445
Community Member

How did this turn out for you? I'm currently having the same issue. I placed the order on 12/28/23 but it says delivered on 12/27/23.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Might be better to ask on the forum for eBay USA where you are, this is the forum for eBay Australia and the person you are asking posted almost 3 years ago

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

This is an old thread and as far as I can see, charsh never came back to let us know exactly how it all turned out. If he didn't then, it is unlikely he will return now to answer your question.

I know you are in US, and you might be better starting a new thread on the US boards, but in the meantime, if I were you, I'd be inclined to get onto ebay chat (not email) and get them to have a look so it is on record. That can't be the tracking number for your item.  Does it show what area it was delivered to?

That might help you to confirm it wasn't to you.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply