Item delivery issues.

Hi all, after paying a seller their requested postage fee for an item, being $53.95, I now learn that their courier doesn't deliver to our area and I must travel a 180kl round trip to their depot to collect it. I advised of my address and postcode when I requested the item total, which is normal practice. The item is only 10kg and a small carton, 40 x30,15cm.  From Vic to NSW central west area. Most couriers on forward parcels of this weight to Aust Post, who do deliver out here, no problems.  The seller claims that I should have done HIS homework for him and advised of delivery issues to my area. Why should I after coughing up what was an over the top postage fee in the first place, but I thought that the high charge was because of our remote location. He knew our location and he should have checked with his courier to confirm delivery to our area, or use someone else. Aust post would have saved him and me several dollars on the freight, either that, or he is pocketing big time with his courier fee.Large, heavy items we do have to collect them from a depot, I understand that, and I usually factor that in when buying, but after paying his requested postage fee, then being told tough luck, buyer fault, not happy. Told the seller if he cannot get the item to my area as charged and paid for, keep things simple and just recall the item from the courier and refund me. Still haven't heard back.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Item delivery issues.

Agree, it may be ok if it is going to a business where someone will be there during business hours to take delivery, but sending couriers to private homes during office hours is a total mistery. It always ends up with the reciever having to chase the parcel as they dont normally do a re delivery without extra charges. Anything under 22 kg, I expect to get via Aust Post, it has it's little hiccups yes, but with the huge amount that they put through the system, it usually turns up, and if it sent properly, as in tracking, it can be located very easily. Out here in the real bush, central west NSW, couriers are a dead loss, they go to the main towns yes, well some of them do, but our one horse town, forget it, we have a posta agency......at the local pub, but thats it. The parcels always get through to us via the post, not one courier has ever dropped a parcel at our address though.

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

Where I am there is one private courier mob (local lot not mainstream) who delivers. Posting is the only way and that's only 2 days a week.

I had a non eBay parcel with a major courier chain recently that sat at the depot for 5 weeks 160km away because (and I'm quoting the courier here) "we don't come out there til we have a full truck".

In the same way we could be disappointed if a seller advertised "express post" on a listing but sent regular, can we buyers also feel disappointed if a buyer puts postage but uses a courier. Especially if financially inconvenienced.
Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

How many population in your town audistarelectronics?

We are so small we receive but can't post out at all.
Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

Around 200, in the town itself, would be a few more in the surrounding farming areas. We have a postbox for letters outward, can send a parcel if you happen to catch the mail contractor at the ''local'' while delivering, or it's wait untill shopping day at the nearest town, 40k's away, where there is a full on post office. But hey, we have sat broadband faster than many city speeds.

Spoiler

Smiley LOL

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

We've only got 90 here so a little more challenging.
Message 25 of 25
Latest reply