Item hasn't arrived, contacted seller and they have out of office till 13 January 2024 reply.

evehor97
Community Member

I purchased a set of chair covers and they haven't left the location and it was promised by today. 18 Sept 2023.

I contacted the seller and they have an out of office reply saying they are not available till 13 January 2024.  How do I cancel the order.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Item hasn't arrived, contacted seller and they have out of office till 13 January 2024 reply.

The only negative is the OP's though.

OP - if you bought your items on the 12th, the listing mentions they will post within 3 business days. Today is just the 4th - totally off estimated delivery date maybe. Wait a bit longer.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Re: Item hasn't arrived, contacted seller and they have out of office till 13 January 2024 reply.

@domino-710 wrote:

And - 88.9% FB - LOL

They were 100% until OP left them the unjustified negative

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Yes - I meant now.

A few will add to their list.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Yes - I meant now.

A few will add to their list.

They were added to my blocked buyer list/s very quickly.  

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

If the item isn't with you soon, just open an official ebay claim for item not received.

Follow the directions given to you by imastawka.

Follow it up till you get a refund. Do not close that claim unless the chair covers arrive in the meantime.

You do not need to contact the seller to do this, it is an independent claim via ebay and the seller then has to provide proof to ebay that your parcel was delivered, otherwise you will be given a refund.

I am finding this whole thing puzzling, nope, astounding, as I can't see anything on the ebay website to suggest they are away till 13 Jan 2024. The other puzzle for me is the name of the company, which I can't write here, but if you look in the 'about' section, they say they are Australia's premier homewares store. It is a well known name and yes, they do have their own website. We're not talking a little company, we're talking a major store, so no way would they be closed till 13 Jan.  For a large company, I was staggered that they have only sold 8 things in the last year, hence one neg having such a major impact on their feedback store.

The site also says 24 hour dispatch guarantee. If they are going to say that about themselves in the 'about' section, they shouldn't go changing that in their actual ad and saying 'usually' 3 business days.

So in my opinion, they need to be kept to their expected delivery dates. If they haven't responded to a message or have not given you a tracking number by now, then they are doing a very poor job for a professional company & deserve to have a claim opened on 19th September.

I noticed those chair covers you ordered now say 'out of stock'. What is the bet that they didn't have the quantity you ordered.

Are you sure your message wasn't about the covers and it is the covers that are not available till 13 Jan? That's what I suspect has happened, especially as you don't seem to have any tracking numbers which I think you would have had otherwise.

In that case, they should have asked you if you would like a refund or to wait. Open that claim with ebay. Do not agree to wait, you wouldn't be covered by ebay guarantee, that only lasts 30 days.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply