Item in Australia? eBay and Aust. Post Partner UBI Smart Parcel to enable customer deception

Having waited 2 weeks for another item 'in the post' from a chinese registered seller claiming the item to be in Australia. I punched the reference number in the tracking website for Aust Post (it wasn't a tracking number - just the "AP Article ID" ) and found that the item had only been in their system for 4 days despite the seller marking it as posted 11 days earlier. A couple of emails asking which country it was being sent from were answered with either genuine or faked 'pigeon' english giving generic answers to anything but the question asked. The return address on the label is very interesting. UBI Smart Parcel.  http://www.ubismartparcel.com/en/ubi-smart-parcel  When I check their website I find they offer a service to chinese sellers in maintaining a 'virtual' overseas warehouse. They claim they can provide this seamless service including pre printing Australia Post  franked address labels from back in China due to their extensive partnerships with companies including eBay and Australia Post. Why is eBay and our federal postal service aiding and abeting these miserable liars. I choose to purchase from Australian sellers who run businesses, pay taxes and employ people locally. Why would our own government allow Australia Post to participate in this deception that is hurting Australian sellers.

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Item in Australia? eBay and Aust. Post Partner UBI Smart Parcel to enable customer deception

It still helps. The threads are automatically posted to search engines and assist others sort out eBay issues. What eBay needs to do is add a function that allows participants of threads to close their participation, therefore not having any interest in the thread anymore. Perhaps that is what you need to take up with eBay. It's not our fault that you are still keeping track of this "old" thread.
Message 31 of 36
Latest reply

Re: Item in Australia? eBay and Aust. Post Partner UBI Smart Parcel to enable customer deception

When an old thread is resurrected it automatically comes to the top of the page...there is no keeping track of anything.

This thread was started in 2017, dragged up again in 2018 and 2020 and finally now in 2021 and really there has been no further useful information added at all.

Message 32 of 36
Latest reply

I'm glad I found this thread during a Google search.  I too, bought an item listed as being in Australia -- I should have it by now, but that's not going to happen since Australia Post doesn't have it yet! 

I'll be sure to update this in 2025 for a very special person that just loves thread bumps. 

Message 33 of 36
Latest reply

Nice of you to come to the party 6 years late, with nothing to add to the discussion.

Message 34 of 36
Latest reply

So just posting to amuse yourself basically

Most of the sellers who you choose to buy from who have left you feedback recently are either in China or drop shipping from there, as clearly shown 

Surprised you have'nt had more issues considering some of the sellers you support 

Message 35 of 36
Latest reply

Due to the age, this thread has been locked. Please, feel free to start a new conversation if you need assistance

Thank you 

Message 36 of 36
Latest reply