Item marked as "delivered" but it never arrived.

I bought some old second hand cables / wire (not many should fit in a small satchel). Today when I was at home AusPost tracking turned into "delivered", but I didn't see a delivery guy or postman around at that time. 

I checked my letter box and walked around the house. Can't find it.

I looked up on the internet, some said file a eBay case now, some say contact AusPost they will tell me where it actually sent.

What should I do now? Tracking indicates it did enter my suburb today.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I think you should contact AusPost first because if the tracking says delivered (and to the right suburb too) you cannot open a case and win.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

@padi - thanks for the clarification. I know that when I've been in line at the PO and I've heard other people discussing issues with the counter staff, they are directed back to Aus Post. I agree that filling out the form does not get your issue resolved in a timely manner at all which is why a couple of years ago I stopped bothering with counter staff and forms and now communicate directly with AP through FB message. I've had several matters resolved by the friendly agents on FB, but if your PO is able to help, that's also a win!

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

I think you should contact AusPost first because if the tracking says delivered (and to the right suburb too) you cannot open a case and win.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Sometimes the scanning does not correlate to actual delivery times. Did you look at the Aus Post info via the Ebay transaction, or via the Aus Post website? They can be a bit different.

First contact Aus Post tomorrow via a friendly PM on their FB page after seeing if it turns up later today. They are really busy atm, but will usually get back to you within around 24 hours.

Come back to us once you have more info from Aus Post.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

@papermoon.lady wrote:

Thank you. I filled up Auspost's online lost item form and will see how it goes.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Good idea. If the envelope was too large for your mailbox, they should provide you with a photo of where they left the item. Regrettably, sometimes their safe places are not so safe, and if they left it in an unsafe place you can lodge a formal complaint, but for now just state the facts - that you didn't receive it.

Sometimes they also press the wrong button, for example they might just have attempted delivery. This happened to me once, and another time the tracking said the item had been delivered at 3 am (!), while in reality it had just arrived at the local depot.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

@huatao1975 wrote:

Thank you. I filled up Auspost's online lost item form and will see how it goes.

Results from the on-line forms can take a long time to be resolved, you would be better off going into your local PO and asking there.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

@ padi - the fastest way I have found is through a message on their FB page, which is why I mentioned it. A local PO can't open an investigation, but the rep at the other end of the FB message can, plus they will communicate with you until the issue is resolved.

Also, the OP has jumped to fill out the online form instead of answering the question as to where they had checked the tracking information and to wait until the end of the day to see what happens.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

Sometimes the scanning does not correlate to actual delivery times. Did you look at the Aus Post info via the Ebay transaction, or via the Aus Post website? They can be a bit different.

First contact Aus Post tomorrow via a friendly PM on their FB page after seeing if it turns up later today. They are really busy atm, but will usually get back to you within around 24 hours.

Come back to us once you have more info from Aus Post.

Right, I will msg them tomorrow morning. And sorry before I didn't see your msg, as on AusPost tracking page there is a link says "I Didn't Receive This Item" link which leads to the lost item form so I just followed it.

I checked tracking on AusPost website as eBay one is usually a few hours behind. The item has not arrived yet.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

@ padi - the fastest way I have found is through a message on their FB page, which is why I mentioned it. A local PO can't open an investigation, but the rep at the other end of the FB message can, plus they will communicate with you until the issue is resolved.

Jelly, I've had occasion to do it both ways and going direct to my PO was the quickest - though I do live in a small rural town, so that probably helps. 

Edit. @huatao. Although the AP website gives more up to date information than eBay does, your PO has even more information they can access.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

@padi - thanks for the clarification. I know that when I've been in line at the PO and I've heard other people discussing issues with the counter staff, they are directed back to Aus Post. I agree that filling out the form does not get your issue resolved in a timely manner at all which is why a couple of years ago I stopped bothering with counter staff and forms and now communicate directly with AP through FB message. I've had several matters resolved by the friendly agents on FB, but if your PO is able to help, that's also a win!

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply