Item no authentic - return and refund protocol

fi3333
Community Member

Hi,

I purchased an item 19/6 and after receiving it and having it confirmed it is not an authentic peice.

The seller has agreed to refund me via paypal however they have asked me to return it first then they will refund me via pay pal.

Is this normal protocal? and how does the refund work through paypal I have only every bought using paypal. Thank you in advance for any help. Cheers

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Open a case in eBay, NOT PayPal for INAD. (You have 30 days for eBay's MBG)

The seller will be required to send you a postal label and you return the item.

Then eBay instruct the seller to refund you.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Should I advise them this is what I am doing. They have been gracious about refunding me I don't want to cause any hostility but at the same time I want myself covered.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Well they weren't too gracious in sending you a fake item and if you want to be nice and pay the return postage for them that is up to you. Although they don't appear to have offered to do that, for you. Smiley Frustrated

However the proper professional procedure for any item significantly not as described is to open a case in eBay so that you are covered and seller pays all costs so you are not out of pocket.

If I for some reason inadvertently sold an item not genuine and you had proof, I would immediately offer to refund and pay return costs without you having to open a case. But that's me. Smiley Happy In fact I would tell you to throw the item out and not return it.

A PayPal case in the past for fake items would mean PayPal would instruct the destruction of the item so it isn't returned but not in all cases so best to be sure and open an eBay case.

image host
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply